So this is where you all went

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Connie wrote:People who are attacked all the time will eventually, and I hope respond to those attackers.
IMHO, the attackers should be ignored and if no one responds they'll eventually go away. And when my attackers didn't go away, I did. I just gave it up and moved on. The only thing I miss about that forum is Lex, STT Resident, someone whose name I can't remember right now and Bluwater! (and eventually they all show up from time to time.) :D
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I've gotten better at biting my tongue on all the forums I'm on. (I know, some of you are finding that very hard to believe.) But I know that's what online bullies -- wherever they are -- want: a reaction.

Anyhow, I prefer it here, mostly because it's more about STJ and I have more to learn and/or contribute. However, I poke in over there in case someone has a question, especially about STJ, that I can help them with. Most of the regulars over there know much more about STT, and I know how frustrating it is to not get a response when you're anxious about planning your trip.

I also like people from both places, and I've found both to be extremely helpful. I don't think one's necessarily better than the other, just different.
Rachelle & Joe

OTHER FORUM

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Hi all, can someone please tell me what the other forum is ??? not sure? :?:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Rachelle & Joe

thanks

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

:) Thanks sea-nile! never have been on..... ?? have a great day!!!!!!
Teresa

Repeat :)

Post by Teresa »

Well, at the end of the day, do you all really care what strangers on a message board write about you if they don't know you? I can roll with most anything and usually end up trying to fit humor into any heated discussion. I have tried to to be witty, sarcastic, and downright humorous and get misunderstood and even sometimes beat up from both sides! Maybe I am not as hilarious as I think I am...no, that couldn't be it. I am truly hilarious! People laugh at me all the time... If I do get my feelers hurt, I just roam around and visit other sites. I know that if you meet the people on the 'other' board in person, you would have a different view and maybe even like them! Well, enough of my 'talk'. I just truly enjoy talking, blogging, putting foot into mouth, etc. At the end of my day I am just the girl who cries every single time she watches "Extreme Home Makeover".

Did you all get that? I didn't.

Teresa
Live, Laugh, Love
jenrale

Post by jenrale »

This is a great forum, but it didn't just happen. It's because of all the nice people that are here now. There was a time, a few years ago, that a bunch of us were hounded off this forum because of a long, long, Trippin' Report written by a great guy named Jim. A few nasty people objected to his style and sometimes 'off-topic' writings and made it pure misery. Anyone remember JSS3? Art? Mags? I just wish they'd all come back now that the bums are gone! Peace, Jenrale
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

jenrale wrote:This is a great forum, but it didn't just happen. It's because of all the nice people that are here now. There was a time, a few years ago, that a bunch of us were hounded off this forum because of a long, long, Trippin' Report written by a great guy named Jim. A few nasty people objected to his style and sometimes 'off-topic' writings and made it pure misery. Anyone remember JSS3? Art? Mags? I just wish they'd all come back now that the bums are gone! Peace, Jenrale
I remember the Jim reports. While I am sure he was a little over the top for some, he was a good man and I enjoyed his reports and comments. It was a sad day when I learned of his passing. It is a shame that all the oldies but goodies won't come back, we sure had some fun back then.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

I get mean sometimes but I eat a sandwiwich and all is good just ask my wife. Never posted on the other board but did get info from it before our first trip to St. John. Used to post on a Jamaican web forum that got kinda nasty sometimes people really can get bent out of shape. My motto Everyting Irie Mon!