So this is where you all went

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Yep, yep, yep and yep.

Every time I think of this classic Pia quote today I crack up. She is a riot.
-Ruth
Pia

Post by Pia »

I love you - hey, that was my answer in a nutshell but you missed off the smiley face :)

Pia
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

Comment from the other forum....

I still enjoy the other forum because I consier it to be my "home" forum and I haven't found a need to cross-post on multiple forums. I agree that this is a very nice forum.

However, I want to state that some of the posters who are on this forum, pointing fingers to how bad the other forum is, are the same people who are on the other forum making trouble. You know who you are. So, if you don't like the other forum, don't visit...and especially, don't post. If you come there and post a bunch of drama, please don't run back here to point fingers at all of what goes on with the "other" forum. In quite a few cases, the people pointing fingers from this forum are the very people stirring it up on the other forum.

Sorry, but I have to defend the other forum. Please stop dumping your trash there - then running back here to gloat about how clean your neighborhood is.

Hope you're all doing well!
~Blu
Bluwater
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Bluwater wrote:Comment from the other forum....

I still enjoy the other forum because I consier it to be my "home" forum and I haven't found a need to cross-post on multiple forums. I agree that this is a very nice forum.

However, I want to state that some of the posters who are on this forum, pointing fingers to how bad the other forum is, are the same people who are on the other forum making trouble. You know who you are. So, if you don't like the other forum, don't visit...and especially, don't post. If you come there and post a bunch of drama, please don't run back here to point fingers at all of what goes on with the "other" forum. In quite a few cases, the people pointing fingers from this forum are the very people stirring it up on the other forum.

Sorry, but I have to defend the other forum. Please stop dumping your trash there - then running back here to gloat about how clean your neighborhood is.

Hope you're all doing well!
~Blu
WOW :shock: Not really sure what to say to that. While I am sure that you have specific people you may be taking about, we don't go to other forums and talk about how much we love it here, so I wonder if there was really a need to come here and say it.
If you have a problem with someone in particular, I invite you to take it off board and discuss it there. The majority of us do not make our "trash" public, on this board or any other and certainly do not deserve a scolding.
I always respected your opinion and posts on other forums, this post just confuses me. :?
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

I think you misread my post. I said that this forum (meaning:"VIOnline") is a very nice forum. I did not comment on how I liked the other forum.

I just think all of the negative talk about the other forum, on this forum, is unnecessary...especially when some of the people doing it are, at the same time, on the other forum stirring things up.

If you don't get it, then you are surely not part of it and haven't been dealing with it.

I think everyone should be respectful of the forum on which they choose to post. If you cannot be respectful of the other forum, why post there?

I am not here to debate this or make a big issue of it. If anyone is confused by this, then you are not part of it. I am sure people who are part of it will know what I mean.

I'm not planning to keep up with this thread. Just wanted to mention it becuase it is frustrating to those on the other forum - and harmful to that forum - and unfair.

Take care everyone.
Bluwater
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I've pretty much stayed out of this discussion, but I have to say that IMHO, Bluwater makes a very good point. I understood you perfectly, Blu, and I have to say I agree with you. I've always liked your posts and that's one thing I miss for having given up the other forum. I love it when I see your name pop up here and I hope that this rant against VINOW won't keep you from visiting this forum from time to time.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I totally agree with CG. Bluwater is one of the nicer people over there and I do miss her too.
She was almost going to be on the SOTB tour.

I never really personally got into a fight over there. I just got accussed of starting too many off topics. Off topics aren't usually minded too much here. (except girlie ones, I guess). :lol:
I also find that this forum talks mostly about STJ and the other STT, so that may draw certain people to certain forums.
I still visit VINOW often, just rarely post.
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

Ladies, thank you for understanding. As I told CG in a PM, I hope I did not come across too harshly to the forumites who have no clue what I am talking about.

This is certainly not directed to everyone here. Those who have been involved in the ugliness will know what I mean. I like this forum and agree that is it very STJ centric. You guys have a ton of fun and the threads are always very entertaining and often heartwarming.

All that being said - that does not make the other forum a bad place. The other forum is much more straight-forward and not as warm and fuzzy. But, that seems to work for lots of people. Both forums are fine and I enjoy both.

Again, my only issue is with people who bash VINOW, but are over there posting away...and sometimes going off on dramatic rants over there. Then they spend time on this forum, riddling their posts with sarcastic, unsolicited comments about VINOW. I just don't get that kind of thing.
Bluwater
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Blu,
I do miss your posts also. You gave me lots of great info & I loved your family pics & your engagement was very cool.
I am not into confrontation, mine or anyone elses & there was a lot of that. But the info I got was wonderful.
Besides this group is a little randy as I think FF said. Love that... more fun. Especially the gift for the BF thread!
Teresa

Blu, me too

Post by Teresa »

:D Blu, I understand, really I do. :) Love your posts, pics, vacation reviews, etc. Good to see you here and there and point taken!

Teresa
Live, Laugh, Love
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Luv ya, Blu - thanks for the PM! Hope to see you a little bit over this way, too.
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I have to agree with Blu as well - she has a good point. I still read the other forum from time to time (mostly for her posts, truth be told) and have noticed the same.

Blu - I also miss your posts and do hope you'll drop by from time to time :)
Connie

Post by Connie »

I've wanted to response to these posts, but I think I'll keep my mouth shut.

Last post....There must be a problem if so many people have found this forum and responded to this thread.

People who are attacked all the time will eventually, and I hope respond to those attackers.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm not sure if that whole thing was directed at me or not, because I do post pretty frequently in both places, although I tend to be here a lot more often.

I have not, however, stirred the pot there deliberately. Of course, sometimes just telling someone they do not need to rent a car to go to Trunk Bay for a few hours can cause an international incident, so maybe I am a pot-stirrer and don't know it.

Anyhow, not trying to bash one place or the other. I like both places or I wouldn't go to both of them. I try to be helpful when I can and sometimes I have questions or would like other people's opinions. I don't think that it's wrong to offer commentary (especially when it is requested) nor do I think that it's wrong to ask questions.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Lulu not sure what's up on the other forum, but I can't imagine you a trouble maker. Well, other than the good kind of trouble. Keep on posting away. Here at least :D