Updating St John Google Maps

Travel discussion for St. John
Knolmom

Re: Updating St John Google Maps

Post by Knolmom »

Sherban, I know you have L'Arc Du Soliel on you map. Just look left for Cocotier.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Can someone put Pink Corner on the dining map? It's right at the Y in Coral Bay. Sitting at Esther's table, you could see the back of the signage for Coral Bay.
That's a don't miss for good food and hospitality!
Thanks!
sherban

Post by sherban »

Knolmom wrote:Sherban, I know you have L'Arc Du Soliel on you map. Just look left for Cocotier.
You mean this one, or the one marked Ellison?
http://goo.gl/maps/nUXBn
sherban

Post by sherban »

mindehankins wrote:Can someone put Pink Corner on the dining map? It's right at the Y in Coral Bay. Sitting at Esther's table, you could see the back of the signage for Coral Bay. That's a don't miss for good food and hospitality! Thanks!
I'm not sure where you mean...is it here?
http://goo.gl/maps/PNe8S
sherban

Post by sherban »

Knolmom wrote:Looking at both properties on a flat map, e.g. Standing on the road in front of both properties, Cocotier is to the immediate left of L'Arc Du Soliel. Hope that helps.
Ok, that's clear....got it. ...it's on page two of the map...
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Yes, that's it! Thank you, Sherban! The full name is Ekaete Pink Corner, but I think most people are just calling it "Pink Corner."
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

I love seeing where the villas are that I am checking out but Is there anyway to see a more up to date map that would show the newer villas?
Acqu Blue, Areca, Wings over Water, and Azul Peterbay are just a few.
Thank you for sharing the map with all of us. It is so helpful and appreciated.
Beach Creecher
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Aria in wrong area.jpg
Hi!
I was looking at the villa map, for Villa Aria. I found it, but looking at the pictures( I have never been there in person) It looks like it should be marked as being on the other side of the road.(the one lower and to the left) I know it has a deck/pool attached at an angle from the main building.. and I can see a building that matches across the street from where the marker for it is... I may be wrong though..So if anyone in the know could take a look.. I'd love to know if it is correct or not..As we will be there in July.
BetsyV

CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

I don't know how the map gets updated, I have a villa to add. Caribbean Sunrise is located on the far east end of the island. Take East End Rd 10 go past Sloop Jones studio then turn left on Privateer Road, take the second right, it's the last house at the end of the road with a white roof. It sits just above the zig-zag dirt road with the house on the beach.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

On the villa map, in Hart Bay, Odessa is the house below Le Lapin II, the one close to the water with the pool above the house. For some reason the house is not pinned but the name of the villa is in the middle of the water. Also, on the other side of the bay, the unpinned huge house with the purple roof is Villa Mistral.

I'll be in Virgin Grand Estates in a couple of months and can get the names of some of the unpinned houses there if someone tells me where to send the info.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
sherban

Post by sherban »

betsyv wrote:
Aria in wrong area.jpg
Hi!
I was looking at the villa map, for Villa Aria. I found it, but looking at the pictures( I have never been there in person) It looks like it should be marked as being on the other side of the road.(the one lower and to the left) I know it has a deck/pool attached at an angle from the main building.. and I can see a building that matches across the street from where the marker for it is... I may be wrong though..So if anyone in the know could take a look.. I'd love to know if it is correct or not..As we will be there in July.
I agree...I moved it...thanks!
sherban

Post by sherban »

CinnBay wrote:I don't know how the map gets updated, I have a villa to add. Caribbean Sunrise is located on the far east end of the island. Take East End Rd 10 go past Sloop Jones studio then turn left on Privateer Road, take the second right, it's the last house at the end of the road with a white roof. It sits just above the zig-zag dirt road with the house on the beach.
Added it.
sherban

Post by sherban »

liamsaunt wrote:On the villa map, in Hart Bay, Odessa is the house below Le Lapin II, the one close to the water with the pool above the house. For some reason the house is not pinned but the name of the villa is in the middle of the water. Also, on the other side of the bay, the unpinned huge house with the purple roof is Villa Mistral.

I'll be in Virgin Grand Estates in a couple of months and can get the names of some of the unpinned houses there if someone tells me where to send the info.
Ok, I added both of those....that "random text" in the water is content that comes from Google...not me...
sherban

Post by sherban »

Wanda Creech wrote:I love seeing where the villas are that I am checking out but Is there anyway to see a more up to date map that would show the newer villas?
They can be easily added, someone will have to identify each one... and/or do it themselves...
sherban

Post by sherban »

Wanda Creech wrote:I love seeing where the villas are that I am checking out but Is there anyway to see a more up to date map that would show the newer villas?
Hi Wanda/All- I did my best to find these and add them without any inputs from anyone...let me know if they look right...thnx