How many do you have?

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

paulandtracie wrote:The funniest shirts we have are from the old Duffy's Love Shack where Crazy Cracker's and a host of other places have been. Had a VERY memorable night in there about ten years ago. I think I recall it including shark tanks, volcanoes, flying airplanes and goodness knows what else. The 6 of us ended up buying half the stuff in the place. :lol:
That place was just so much fun.
Let's talk about that "volcano" drink;-!
I'll start by mentioning that earlier that day, I covered my bald head with every sunblock imaginable,then put on a cap to be sure I wouldn't burn the dome on the beach.
Well,the sunblock goo just melted down onto my face constantly,and we reapplied it with alarming regularity.
Finally, I went out for a swim & snorkel, sans chapeau. I ended up getting a deep purple-ish sunburn all over my bald head.
DUMM-O!
After several hours on the beach,and plenty of reapplying the lotions,I actually thought I had no issues with the sunburn.
That night we went to Duffy's. AWESOME Sweet & Tangy Fiji Wings, and mucho-rumm-o.
So, all that said, we ended up ordering a "volcano". My friend told me that it was my job to drink the flaming shot of bacardi 151 on top,because I was the one who ordered it. So, I did. Who am I to be a party pooper,right? Then,naturally the bartender came around and gave us the obligatory Duffy's small circular stickers,and I not only put them on my scaulded head where devil horns would be,but evidently also ordered another flaming shot of rum to add to the effect. Did I say dumm-o yet?
The next day I woke up with my head screaming on the inside,and looking like a babboons ass on the outside,except for two small circles which were en fuego because they ripped the stickers off my head while I slept. Tough time snorkeling for a few days, but got through it...
Good times. I miss that place,so much. Flaming rum...? not quite as much...anyway-still have the shirt; my all time fave.
Smiles-
MJ
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Oh my MJ, that sounds like one tough shift you put in!

Years ago, late 90s (maybe 99) Mr. PA and I were at Duffy's when a woman put on quite a show on that included being the base for body shots for much of the very crowded bar. It got so crazy, we left. We were late 20s-early 30s at that point and no strangers to hard partying so that tells you how crazy it got if it was enough to scare us.

I remember in 2005 an enterprising gentleman trying to sell us weed at the bar. None of us had any idea what he was hinting at and he eventually got so frustrated, he threw up his hands in frustration and burst out laughing. For the rest of the night, every time he walked by he would laugh and shake his head at us.

If the walls could talk at Duffy's.....
Chet

Post by Chet »

Duffy's drink glasses, hats, and too many shirts - the Love City Surf Shack shirt and a found Craby's ball cap are favorites.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Beth Cruz

Post by Beth Cruz »

My husband has more than I can count. He also has
ST-JOHN as his car plate. I think the tourism board should be paying him!!
BreakawayBarb

STJ tee shirts

Post by BreakawayBarb »

I had two, but recently downsized to my favorite "I'd Rather be on STJ" olive green tee shirt, which I believe I purchased on the Forum 5 years ago. :-)

What I have WAY too many of, for whatever reason, are christmas ornaments. I believe I counted SIX this year.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Seriously, Barb?
I totally love the ornament exchange so much that we've bought a small fake tree just for our STJ ornaments. I know that I'm not the only person to do so.
I'm not very religious, but every Christmas I wish for my family and friends- good health, happiness, and pray that I'll see those beaches again during the New Year,perhaps with them!
Not sure if you're joking, but if not I'll send you my address so's you can unload the ornaments.
I solve problems,see... 8)
Smiles-
MJ
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I have accumulated zero shirts over the course of 9 trips to the rock. The closest thing I have is a STJ visor that I bought at the old embroidery shop in Mongoose Junction.

I am a cooler person, I am a villa person, but apparently I am not a t-shirt person.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
parafins

Post by parafins »

Teresa_Rae wrote:I have accumulated zero shirts over the course of 9 trips to the rock. The closest thing I have is a STJ visor that I bought at the old embroidery shop in Mongoose Junction.

I am a cooler person, I am a villa person, but apparently I am not a t-shirt person.
Ahh!But what about the Maho Bay hoodie?That's not a tee shirt.... :D
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Between us we probably have over 25 (an estimate!!) I buy mostly long sleeves so I can wear them all winter and be reminded of our favorite place on earth!! I also only wear earrings purchased on STJ, I wear 4 hook bracelets at once(that I never remove!) and I have a vanity plate that says ILUVSTJ. Addict? Yep!!! :D