How many do you have?

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

How many do you have?

Post by parafins »

ImageJust how many St.John shirts do you have? I cleaned up my closet and discovered that I have 6 shirts from St.John.The white one is my oldest dating back to 1996.The Maho Bay hoodie is my newest.I love them all!My son Daniel is helping me show them off.{He's a St.John junkie too! :D }
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I have six, three polo-style shirts, one short sleeve t-shirt and two long-sleeve white t-shirts.

Little PA has at least six. I know we bought four at Tall Ship Trading last trip. I love those t-shirts on him. The prints are cool and the fabric is so soft.

I can't even begin to count Mr. PA's STJ shirts. He buys five or six (maybe more) each trip. He only wears white t-shirts and is always on the look out for "good" ones. I am certain he has that clay colored map shirt but in white.

The PA family oldest is a blue golf shirt purchased at Caneel on our honeymoon in 1995. It isn't worn anymore but we can't part with it.

Nice fireplace Parafins!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

My name is Tom and I have a tshirt problem I don't even want to count how many I have but know it is more then 20
Tom
54b

Post by 54b »

I'm with ya...definitely have my share of tees after four trips and pathetically, two of them are the same, only slightly different shades of blue...I purchased them at Skinny Legs two years apart. Both impulse purchases...aided in large part to a few too many Coconut Swizzlers.

My closet...

2 Basic STJ Tees
1 Jolly Dog Crossbones
2 Soggy Dollar, JVD ("again, impulse purchases")
1 BVI
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Jeff&Cindy

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Sadly, only ONE! And wife has none. But we're going to fix that in a few weeks! :D
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I only have two: a pink zip up super lightweight sweatshirt that says (or used to say, it has been washed so often you really can't read it anymore) "made in St. John" on the back. And I have an old blue t-shirt from Big Planet that says "if found return to St. John" on the back. That one has a hole in it now so I just wear it to do things like painting.

John has t-shirts from the Beach Bar, Island Blues, La Tapa, the Tap Room, and Skinny Legs plus about four different designs from Caneel. He's a t-shirt hoarder though.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am with Tom! I have way too many!

Some of my favorites are the older ones from the Backyard, Grumby's, Foxy's Old Years Eve 1999/2000, and a Soggy Dollar Bar shirt from the mid 90's.

I rarely wear them and have considered making a quilt out of them
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

waterguy wrote:My name is Tom and I have a tshirt problem I don't even want to count how many I have but know it is more then 20
HI, TOM!
I have too many to mention; add in My Sweethearts collection, and we could probably make winter quilts for everyone on the forum. :roll: I probably shouldn't even bring up the assortment of hats & caps...
My favorites are from Duffy's Loveshack,Maho, and a couple that I bought at Jolly Dog. They have cartoon people on them that look remarkably like My Sweet Amy & I...then there's the one that reads "I went to Coral Bay and got sand on my balls." (There's another one of those cartoon-y pictures of a bald guy on a beach holding onto his beachballs...)
It's a bittersweet addiction being surrounded by memories; sweet for obvious reasons, but bitter because my heart breaks realizing how long it'll be until I go back.
Please disregard my ticker-don't know how to delete it...
Smiles-
MJ
parafins

Post by parafins »

PA Girl wrote:I have six, three polo-style shirts, one short sleeve t-shirt and two long-sleeve white t-shirts.

Little PA has at least six. I know we bought four at Tall Ship Trading last trip. I love those t-shirts on him. The prints are cool and the fabric is so soft.

I can't even begin to count Mr. PA's STJ shirts. He buys five or six (maybe more) each trip. He only wears white t-shirts and is always on the look out for "good" ones. I am certain he has that clay colored map shirt but in white.

The PA family oldest is a blue golf shirt purchased at Caneel on our honeymoon in 1995. It isn't worn anymore but we can't part with it.

Nice fireplace Parafins!
Thank you.I built it 2 years ago and it took me the whole summer.One layer a day.We did a cabin theme in our walk out basement.
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
54b

Post by 54b »

Wife just reminded me of her favorite STJ tee shirt purchased at Skinny Legs...

SMART (Silhouette of a donkey)

She of course recommended the JACK or DUMB versions for me.

Love the shirts because we always feel like donkey magnets on island...beaches, hikes or just driving on Centerline, we will encounter a donkey or donkeys almost every time.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

And the problem with Mr. PA's STJ t-shirts is because he has so many, they never wear out. The stack keeps growing.......
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

The funniest shirts we have are from the old Duffy's Love Shack where Crazy Cracker's and a host of other places have been. Had a VERY memorable night in there about ten years ago. I think I recall it including shark tanks, volcanoes, flying airplanes and goodness knows what else. The 6 of us ended up buying half the stuff in the place. :lol:
[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We have about 12 between us, and have only been to St. John 3 times. And there's a 90% probability that if you see me on a Saturday, I'm wearing a St. John tee. I feel closer to St. John just wearing the silly tshirt!
I wish Miss Vie would make some tees....we'd definitely buy two!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We think we have at least 20 between the both of us!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

We have a TON...too many to count...one thing we do on every trip is go to Big Planet and buy the surf brand tees with St John included on the shirt...hubby gets a Quick Silver St John on every trip...I have several Roxy St John tees and Billabong St John...we live near the beach so we get lots of comments on them...