JORGE what's going on at VT? - OT

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

My husband is talking on the phone now w/ my nephew. He is safe and is not coming home. Doesn't want to. Wants to stay on and show solidarity with the students. Bless him for that spirit. Thanks to you all for your concerns & I really hope that anyone else out there with loved ones in Blacksburg are ok!
JT

Post by JT »

This is all just so sick. There was just a phone interview with one of the survivors that was in the classroom. It brings tears to the eyes of this tough guy! What the hell is going on with folks these days?
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm glad that he is safe, flip-flop. I can't imagine how all of those kids are feeling right now. This is just all so sad.
Image[/url]
Dr. Curly

Post by Dr. Curly »

flip flop, I'm glad your nephew is OK. All of this is just a senseless tradedy.

I spoke to Jorge just a few minutes ago. As you can imagine, the phone lines and cell towers are jammed right now, so I was lucky to get through.

He said he will be looking at the forum later today when he can make his way home and will give an update. He lives about 10 blocks from the campus and was working about a mile away.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thanks Curly. I am glad you got in touch with Jorge and he's ok too. I'll look forward to hearing about it from his perspective.

It is all starting to sink in with my nephew I think as to how tragic it is. He was in the neighboring builging to norris for an 8am class. Went back to the dorm with a friend to study and didn't even know that there was the earlier shooting much less the one at Norris until after he was out of the area. Thank goodness for that. Just INSANE!

I understand (though wouldn't personally) killing someone you were really mad at, but innocent random people is just beyond me!
ncallas

Post by ncallas »

What a terrible tragedy. We are praying for everyone touched by this heartbreaking situation. Flip Flop, I
am so glad your nephew is safe, and Suzi, I hope your niece is safe too. I don't know what else to say.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

We don't know what you are going thru but we are here for you if you need us.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone - Jorge we luv ya

Pia
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

Jorge - how tragic. I am so sorry for all your losses, and for everyone affected by this horrible event. Prayers are with you and all those dealing with this tragedy.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Jorge, I too am so sorry. My prayers are with you.
Everyone go home and hug your family.
JC

Post by JC »

Prayers & peace to Jorge & all affected.

Jen & Ron

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
cat

Post by cat »

Jorge I just got back in town and saw the news! I am so sorry about your home town! I am thinking about you all!
steph0972

Post by steph0972 »

Jorge, you and everyone in that town is in our thoughts and prayers. I have been at home all day just watching these awful events unfold. We are right here in Roanoke not too far away from Blacksburg and are in absolute shock this has happened there. We had some family and friends there and thankfully they are ok. Again I am so sorry, but glad you are safe. Stephanie