First Trip ~ Did I forget something?

Travel discussion for St. John
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi luv2travel,

Here is what I have found...It is advised to ship packages 2 weeks prior to your trip by USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. The USPS flat rates vary depending on size of box...large box $14.50 and medium box is $10.70...if you print your labels on line, you can save a little money. There is a fee for this package acceptance and hold service...see the Connections website for more information about this and for the instructions on how to address your shipping label. The label needs to be addressed EXACTLY as detailed on the site!

Connections Cruz Bay
340-776-6922
www.connectionsstjohn.com

It could be less expensive to purchase items on STJ or even pay to check a bag. Everyone has their own opinion on this and you just have to see what makes sense for your family.

I hope this helps! :)

Best wishes in your vacation planning!
Jo
lavender

Post by lavender »

With regards to shipping - I mailed a medium rate flat rate box to Connections for our recent trip. It took 5 days to get there which I thought was pretty good - but get this - I mailed a box back from St John on Saturday May 8th and it was at my door Monday May 10th at 1PM. I couldn't believe it! It almost beat me home!!!!
luv2travel

Post by luv2travel »

Hey, thanks for all the shipping information!

Lydia
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Lavender:

Did you ship the box home by going to the Post Office yourself or use Connections? We are going to ship a couple boxes this year for the first time, but can't find any info on sending them back.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
gores95

Post by gores95 »

Are you bringing snorkel gear?
Marc

islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Snorkel gear and 2 snorkel vests! 8)

Thanks!

STJ soon!
Jo