Sunday Brunch

Travel discussion for St. John
muyfamily

Sunday Brunch

Post by muyfamily »

Hi,

We are currently in STJ with a group of 10. I wanted to go to Miss Lucy's for their Jazz Brunch but others do not want to drive to the other side of the island :roll: Any suggestions for a good brunch?

By the way, we are loving our trip so far. What an amazing island.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

they don't want to drive to the other side of the island??????????

it's not like you are going THAT far!!!!

tell them it's a 'destination brunch'! you will all have a blast.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

The views you get of Coral Bay when you are driving over to the east end are spectacular! The drive along the water and past Shipwreck Landing and the Jolly Dog is beautiful and fun. I can't recommend anyplace in Cruz Bay, but I surely can recommend that you try to talk everyone into a little drive to Miss Lucy's. It's what? 20 minutes? Maybe 30 to Miss Lucy's. Here, let me tempt you! :lol:

Last edited by California Girl on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Obviously they've never been to Miss Lucy's for brunch. We wouldn't miss it. Leave the party poopers at home and don't miss Miss Lucy's.
loria

Post by loria »

ohhhhhhhh cali girl....nice bait!!! good one!!! 8)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thank you. Thank you very much. 8)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

the pictures are killing me today! I better get off of here!

Sunday brunch??? Sun dog....... oh wait NEVER MIND!
don't get me started!
loria

Post by loria »

muyfamily, i am going to do you a favor (dont worry you can thank me later... :lol:

Bring all your folks to the computer........ok, are they there????????

now....look into the screen.........breath deeply..........you are getting sleeeeeeepppppyyyyyy....sleeeeeeeeeepppppyyyyyyyyyyy..........relaaaaaaaaax......... go to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

now repeat after me......we will go to Miss Lucy's.....we will go to miss lucys......
we must go to miss lucys.............

Okay, Wake up!!!!!!!

so where is everyone going for Brunch on SUNDAY?????????

come on, say it LOUDER!!!!
ms411

Post by ms411 »

The VITRAN bus to Coral Bay leaves Cruz Bay at approx 9:45 a.m. Leave the driving to them! :mrgreen:
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
Pia

Post by Pia »

Good idea Ms411 - for $1.00 you can ride the bus :)

The bus is due to leave Cruz Bay approx 20 mins after the hour if it is running :) as it usually, but not always, waits for the Red Hook ferry to unload :) It should pass Miss Lucy's going back to Cruz Bay at approx ten after (ish) the hour but do ask at Miss Lucy's what time to be ready and do find out how many busses are running as that can change the "schedule" (and I use that loosely :)) alot.

Pia
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Alright, I gotta chime in here... I am embarrassed to say that I have not eaten at Miss Lucy's until our last trip..WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!!!We stopped for lunch and I have to say that it totally upset my Sandwich Hall of Fame records!! All I have to say is that the Grouper Ruben set me free!!...It moved to the number one position knocking out the Fried Green Tomato BLT to number two.... let's just say that next time I'm on island, I'll probably try to get a job there!.... I can only dream of the "Fantabulouness" of Sunday Brunch.!! And add mango mimosas...go ahead and send me on to see Jesus...Nuff Said....Get There!!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Oh, you HAVE to drive to the other side....you're missing the whole feel of the island!!!!! GO!! GO!! You won't regret it!!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

MMMM The Grouper Reuban sounds great! Can you remember how it was made?
jimbob

Re: Sunday Brunch

Post by jimbob »

muyfamily wrote:Hi,

We are currently in STJ with a group of 10. I wanted to go to Miss Lucy's for their Jazz Brunch but others do not want to drive to the other side of the island :roll: Any suggestions for a good brunch?

By the way, we are loving our trip so far. What an amazing island.