Trip report days 4

Travel discussion for St. John
toni

Trip report days 4

Post by toni »

By now the days start to blend together. Sun, sun and more sun. And we get the pleasure of watching the weather channel to see that the Great Lakes region is being blasted by a snow storm. I check in with work (oh the insanity!)and am told they've rec'd a foot of snow. Too bad for them I think!

This day was shopping/drive around. Hit the Beach Bar for the first time of two times- Michelle was working both times. Love that bar for the location. Think their drinks are a tad pricey for the rum concoctions, but certainly can't beat the view and that's what I figure I'm paying for! We picked up lunch at Satyamuna, the new Mediterranean food place at the Marketplace. http://www.satyamuna.com/
Actually ate there twice during the week. We like that style of food, but did think it could have been a bit spicier for our tastes.

Shopped at St. John Spice (Ruth wasn't there)-boy does that make your luggage smell spicey when you unpack after getting home :) If by some chance you're not familiar with them:
http://stjohnspice.com/
A must stop when visiting.

Browsed at Galleria Del Mar for pictures-they've got a wide selection. Didn't buy anything this day, but got several things on Saturday before we left. Bought some jewelry for myself and a gift at Dreams & Dragonflies. If you've never been in this store you should check it out-Jodi's the owner (I think) and she's got a really eclectic array of jewelry and other things in there. Had this really funky jewelry from Kathy Bransfield that has inscriptions stamped into the pieces-very different!
http://www.kathybransfield.com/
Jodi was talking about learning to scuba dive as a way to stop smoking-not sure if we understood the connection, but she's very funny in her descriptions.

Finished off our downtown visit with a stop at Connections to check on email. $3 for a few minutes and I'm connected to everybody back home, and making them jealous by telling them how wonderful it all is.

That was it for the day-we could feel the pool/hot tub calling us. If you're not familiar with driving the road from Cruz Bay to Gifft Hill going by the Westin, there are several speed bumps. (some of which make little sense since they have them on the up hill parts, just when you're trying to get some speed up to make the hill!) We ran into semi's a couple of times going to the westin-I never ever ever would want to drive anything bigger than a 4 door car on these roads. How they manage to jockey them around in 10 point turns to get where they want to go amazes me-and we had several chances to watch them since once they start their turn, just relax and sit tight and hope you're not in their way! :)
robncindi

Post by robncindi »

Ahhh...days that blend together equals no stress! I miss that feeling!

We're eally enjoying your trip reports! keep em coming

RnC
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks for the link to Satayuma--that really sounds great! Definitely checking it out next trip.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.