december/holidays

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

december/holidays

Post by loria »

is anyone going to be around over christmas/new years? and does anyone know if inner visions is playing at Maho on the 24th again? (their site has them at mongoose on the 13th i think,,,,but nothing later.)
once again,glad to see that things were not as hairy as they could have gotten with Omar.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

We'll be there 12/27 to 01/03; Villa St. John in Chocolate Hole; I am sure we won't be alone....
NIKKI

Post by NIKKI »

Hi

I will be in St John 17th-23rd Dec, then Tortola
23rd-30th Dec then St Thomas 30th-3rd Jan

I can not wait, its our 1st time to any of the these places
nomorelurking

Post by nomorelurking »

STJ 12/17-23 as well.

I pose a dreaded weather question, but its not 'the forecast predicts rain everday, should I be worried.' Actually, I guess it is. Is the latter part of December less rainy than the beginning? I have read that the drier months are Jan through March, and December is the end of the 'rainy' season.

Tim
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Dec 10 to 17 at the Westin & 17 to 28th at Gallows!
Can't come soon enough!!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

nomorelurking wrote:STJ 12/17-23 as well.

I pose a dreaded weather question, but its not 'the forecast predicts rain everday, should I be worried.' Actually, I guess it is. Is the latter part of December less rainy than the beginning? I have read that the drier months are Jan through March, and December is the end of the 'rainy' season.

Tim
Ah, the rain question. First, check out the historical rainy months on wunderground.com. Second, recognize that the weather report for the whole region - a 40% chance of rain means that there is a 40% chance that it will rain somewhere between St. Thomas, St. John, and depending on the weather source, Puerto Rico.

A typical conversation on St. John: "It rained all day, I can't believe it!" "Huh, it didn't rain in Coral Bay. Salt Pond Bay was perfect." 5-6 miles away is a whole other ecology.

I love being out on a boat on a rainy day sailing between the clouds.

Capt. John, queue to you:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lui60ss92Ws&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lui60ss92Ws&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

BYADO 18 -- I'm on island Dec 7 -14. I think some of us are getting togetehr for the Full Moon party at Miss Lucy's on the 12th... please feel welcome to join in the reindeer games!!

Anyone else?
*Another fine scatterbrained production
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

RickG wrote: - a 40% chance of rain means that there is a 40% chance that it will rain somewhere between St. Thomas, St. John, and depending on the weather source, Puerto Rico.
Rick, I always heard that 40% chance of rain means that there's a 100% chance that 40% of the area will get rain.
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

We'll be on St. Maarten from Dec 20 - 27, and on St. John from Dec 27 to Jan 3. Staying in Coral Bay in Coral Dream.
Any Forum festivities we can think of for New Year's??
loria

Post by loria »

KathyMN wrote:We'll be on St. Maarten from Dec 20 - 27, and on St. John from Dec 27 to Jan 3. Staying in Coral Bay in Coral Dream.
Any Forum festivities we can think of for New Year's??
we'll be there until the 3rd as well (in coral bay)--new years eve/day would be a great night/day to meet up!--
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>