- Crabby's no longer rents dinghies
- Chilly Willy's is now Jake's
- Front Yard has closed

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

X, are you Tinkerbelldee?
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am !
RickG

Post by RickG »

It's funny how the same personality projects differently in different contexts. I try to be RickG everywhere.

I wonder who ACB is here?

Cheers, RickG
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

I've been reading your Tinkerbelldee posts for over a year, and just now figured it out. :lol: I'm pjayer everywhere, except one other VI forum where I'm hallie1. I don't post much there, though.

And, RickG, I see everywhere. You sure get around! :P
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
RickG

Post by RickG »

I'm easy! Actually, reading using an RSS reader means that I can get through all of the USVI forums in about 5 minutes twice a day. Writing posts is another 15 minutes. Funny thing, on this forum everyone is helpful. In other places there are few folks that jump in, like pia and XTinkerGirl.

Cheers, RickG
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

RickG wrote:It's funny how the same personality projects differently in different contexts. I try to be RickG everywhere.

I wonder who ACB is here?

Cheers, RickG

I was Tinkerbelldee when I first joined, I was still on island way back when the AOL board was till active. I just kept it over there. I guess I could chnage it, but it is just easier now.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We KNOW who you are now! Funny, this is where the banter lives and TA seems to be hard core question->answer->question with a quick in and out.

Cheers, RickG
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm Lulu on "the other board," and Lulu76 here. I am on TA, but turns out I never post there. I have written some hotel reviews there and several reviews from my Vegas trip a few years ago. I'm on another board that someone here asked me to join (Fodor's, Frommer's -- one of those), but I haven't been there since after my trip last year, I don't think.

And, to get us back to topic, I just sent the link to Rick's Web site out to all our newbies yesterday with the subject: Required Reading.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Rick cool site, is that yours?
I have been telling people the wrong info. I thought St. John was 21 miles long not 8?

There is so much info I never knew......

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I'm waterguy everywhere even at work.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I did not know there were any other board to post on, other then the trip advisor?
What other boards do you all post on.
I have read the 'vinow' board but that seems more STT then anywhere else

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
uncgirl

Post by uncgirl »

RickG - WOW! What a great site. Perfect for newbies like me and my husband. We're leaving for St. John a week from TODAY (woo hoo!!!) and these are just the type of details we like - real-life info from someone who's been through it. Thanks for posting this! :)
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Although we had been to STJ for several day trips from STT, the last trip was the first time we stayed on STJ. We relied heavily on Rick and his words of wisdom. (All hail the great RickG!) OK, now sit down again. :lol: Since we had been on the island, snorkled many beaches and been as far as Salt Pond and, of course, Coral Bay we had a visual image of what Rick was describing. It all made sense to us. 8) I suppose it is a little harder for someone who has never been there.

The one thing that comes through Rick's web site and the postings here is the mood, attitude, and laid-back sense one gets on STJ. :) Every writing teacher will tell you to write about what you know. The writers here do write about what they know and what they love. :wink:

Thank you!

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....