rest of trip report from Suzi

Travel discussion for St. John
suzi

rest of trip report from Suzi

Post by suzi »

well...forget the day by day stuff...it will take me forever at theis rate...I am just going to highlight the rest of our trip...
lets see...left off at Day 6
Great hike to Waterllemom. this is my favorite day...hey, wait, I say that everyday! Love the walk and can rationalize having an extra rum drink tonight! OMG the starfish were bigger than ever! We saw gi-normous starfish and an equally gigantic barracuda!!!! the biggest I have ever seen! He must have been a grandaddy! the far side of the cay is like swimming in an aquarium. Donkeys, goats and mongoose on the list today, also.
On the way back, we walked up to Annaberg Ruins- ANOTHER FIRST !!! If have not done this, DO IT !!! It is really worth the extra time and it is not that far up from the parking lot at Waterlemon. Even all 4 teenage girls loved it!
Red STripe and hot tub and burgers on the grill...its all good...

Day 7
Its sunday, so its cinnamon again today. My volleyball teen read that the locals play on Cinnamon on Sunday and she was right on. Away they go down the beach to the far end . they had a blast and the local guys and gals welcomed them. V-ball girl was in her glory as one of the guys called her "Volleyball Stud".
Good snorkel around the island...turtles, rays and beautiful coral. I could have strangled the kids out on the island throwing sand at the aggitated birds. Apparently a few pre-teens rowed their little kayak or raft out there, climbed up on the rocks and were throwing stuff at the birds. They must have been nesting out there and were so aggitated!!! where were these kids parents?????? I got up to go look for someone at the campground to complain to, but couldnt find someone in charge. By the time I got back the kids were gone. Geez...
Ad libbed for dinner, since Candies was closed.
Girls LOVE cinnamon as it is "where the boys are"

Day 8
Up early and out the door by 8 for our Ram Head TRail hike. Man...was it hot!!! But so worth the trip. DO IT, if you havent done it already ( gee I am getting bossy)
Over to Drunk, then a swim and snorkel at Salt POnd.
Stop at Cateau Bordeaux on the way home- what a view.
Villa gravity for awhile, then over to the Westin for kids to hang out. It is fun to go over there for just a few hours. So amny humongous iguana around They looked like pre-historic monsters.

Day 9
Last day... I hate T.L.D. We got a late start to Maho, but lo and behold...Island God saved us a spot!!! Love STJ in June!!! Saw lots of rays and loved the little "fish nursuries" over to the left. OMG, highlite of today was seeing and inspecting a huge huge QUEEN CONCH. I had never seen one before and it was beautiful!!!
Left Maho @ 5;30- ish. Bye fish friends, by Maho. We said good bye to eveything on the way back to villa...by Jumby, by hairpin turn... Hawksnest.
Candies tonight for dinner. Yum!!!!
BTW...we took a very long walk this morning from Maria Bluff over to Chocolate Hole. Was fun to see houses ( or the driveways) that i have only seen on line.

One more day to report- the day we leave- took 15 hrs to get home and I will have to write about that later
sherban

Post by sherban »

Sweet, we loved cinnamon beach too...nice snorkel around the cay too... :D

Thanks for sharing!