Speaking of Bongo....

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Speaking of Bongo....

Post by mbw1024 »

The Carefree Getaways web site says BB has just become available for Thanksgiving week due to cancellation.

If I arrange to cater my dinner, do you think my guests would mind if I was actually not present for the holiday!!!!! ?????? They still get the free food! :lol: :wink:
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Chip and I will join you. I can order the entire dinner from a local store and have it delivered while we are sitting by the pool sipping rum drinks.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

you're on!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Hey guy's can I get in on this
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Waterguy, you'll have to sleep on a lounge chair on the deck but come on down!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

as long as we don't have a wedding I say everyone pile in! :lol:
RickG

Post by RickG »

mary beth wrote:as long as we don't have a wedding I say everyone pile in! :lol:
We'll be on island. No weddings, but there might be some baby making going in, or at least practicing. You stay at Bongo and I'll bring drinks for a happy hour!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I've slept in alot worse places
LysaC

Re: Speaking of Bongo....

Post by LysaC »

mary beth wrote:The Carefree Getaways web site says BB has just become available for Thanksgiving week due to cancellation.

If I arrange to cater my dinner, do you think my guests would mind if I was actually not present for the holiday!!!!! ?????? They still get the free food! :lol: :wink:
MARY BETH: You can have a life-sized cardboard cut out of yourself made (like the Kenny cut-out in someone's bedroom)! Place it in the kitchen next to the sink as if you are washing dishes. All-the-while you'll be lounging in the Bongo pool with your floating champagne glass!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Oh my Lysa..... doesn't THAT sound like a dream! Of course my family might catch on because Charlie always does the dishes when we have company :)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Mary Beth - Just tell everyone you're going to Bongo Bongo for Thanksgiving and if they want to tag along, fine. If not, then tell them you made a reservation for them at a local restaurant that's serving a nice "Turkey Turkey" Thanksgiving dinner! LOL!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Last night I told Chip that he needed to call his sister and tell her that we were spending Thanksgiving with Mary Beth and Charlie. He said "Who?" and my reply was " It doesn't matter who, all that matters is where, and the where is St John."

He looked at me a little weird and said "Do you think we can get a Butterball at Starfish?"

I wish.....
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I love to cook and could go down a few days earlier than my scheduled 12/13 trip. Just had lots of fun watching my husband on the web cam and talking to him on the phone while he was waiting for the ferry to STT.
By the way xisland girl do you know that the architect for Bongo Bongo was John Maize.
[/url]
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

The first time I looked at the house, I knew it. It is very much his design style.

I would love to have him design a house for me, but I think at this point, I could never afford him.

I would love to spend Thanksgiving with you and Jack, MaryBeth and I would be happy to welcome you into ot home on STJ...... :lol: