rec for 1st night dinner

Travel discussion for St. John
hlsess

rec for 1st night dinner

Post by hlsess »

need some help deciding where to eat 1st night- we plan to eat at Zozo's, Lime Inn, Morgan's mango - and maybe Cafe roma- we were thinking about the Banana Deck the 1st night- any other suggestions of another place- it will be on a Sat-mid march- Cruz bay
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

You will not go wrong with any of your choices. However, I am partial to the Lime Inn. Chris and Rich are super nice people, and the crew at the Lime Inn are above par. Then the Banana Deck is great, also. Doug and Christine (Fluff) are my next door neighbors! Good food, too. You will like each place for different reasons. Check out all of them during your stay and let us know what you think!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

I would suggest Rhumb Lines for a mid-priced place. I love the food there---you can see the menu online. And they take reservations. The Balcony might be another good choice---that would be a bit more expensive. Either are a convenient walk from Gallows, where I believe you will be staying.
---Jim
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

Lime Inn is closed on the weekends for private parties. We made a reservation for a Monday night and were glad we did, it was jammed and they were turning away people. Banana Deck has great outdoor ambiance...would be great for a first night.
hlsess

Post by hlsess »

thanks- i think we are trying to go laid back and not too expensive-
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

Martini Girl made a good point I overlooked. Lime Inn is closed weekends. For laid back, Banana Deck and I add The Compass Rose at Pastory Gardens. Both have a great views.
hlsess

Post by hlsess »

thanks Banana Deck it is- going to Zozo's on Sunday(which is my birthday), Lime Inn Monday, and Morgan's Mango Wed for our last night- thinking we'll order a pizza on Tuesday night- that's our all day boat trip and Gallows has cocktails/apps by the pool-
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

Instead of ordering pizza, we did takeout from Uncle Joe's our 1st night and ate at the villa. Just a thought.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
vacationpants

Post by vacationpants »

After a long day of travel we just picked up uncle joe's and ate at the villa. We get in earlier this year so we may opt to go back into Cruz Bay - just depends on how the travel day goes.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I always go right to Cafe Roma. Huge portions are great to have for left overs for the rest of the week.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I second the Banana Deck, especially if they have musicians there. Our first meal ever on STJ was at Banana Deck and TuTu Much was playing, we were immediately catapulted in to the "St. John Vibe".
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

On your first day there, you are going to be very tired from all the travel and probably want to go to somewhere low-key and save the nice places (zozo's, etc) for later in the week.

Eric
hlsess

dinner rec

Post by hlsess »

lbrlwyr wrote:On your first day there, you are going to be very tired from all the travel and probably want to go to somewhere low-key and save the nice places (zozo's, etc) for later in the week.

Eric
Zozo's is for our 2nd night there which will be my birtday!!
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

Steve's comment reminded me that the night we were at the Banana Deck (I think it was a Thurs.) there was a man there playing the steel drum. I don't recall his name, but he was awesome. Talk about feeling the island vibe.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

We are hitting the Banana Deck our first night in June, I hope they have some island music playing, that would be awesome!