Sending out Prayers

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Barb Y

Sending out Prayers

Post by Barb Y »

It is a bit funny as I have only briefly met a few other forum members, but when I hear of storms or disasters outside of my area I find myself sending out prayers that no forum members or their loved ones have been involved. So, in light of the terrible tornadoes and storms that have been hitting so hard I am sending out my prayers to you and all the unfortunate people who have been involved. Be Safe!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I had checked on Wontongirl this morning and while it was scary she and her family are safe.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Barb - I was thinking the same thing this morning when I read of the horrible tornadoes. How unexpected this time of year. I hope all of our forum family are safe.

We are having one heck of a snowstorm here (about 14 inches so far and blowing like crazy). Luckily I don't have to be out in it. Juice (hubby)is on his way home from work - 2 miles, we'll see how long it takes him! I'll take this over a tornado any day.

Prayers to all affected in the south.

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Has anyone heard from KYgirl or the TN and Ky formites hope all is well prayers are coming your way.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Wow, this is one heck of a storm! Prayers to those near the tornados. I hope you are all safe. We had tornados here last month.

We are expecting 18-20 inches of snow here. I just drove home through the blizzard!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Heard from Coden this morning - she and her family are fine.

Sea-nile -glad to hear you made it home through the blizzard.

Let's hear from the rest of you please.
janet
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Vicki is alive and well - or was as this afternoon. I was a little worried about her. She said they were having wizard of oz weather!
Coden

Post by Coden »

We are okay here...the wind is Whipping about madly though.

Last night was scary and we did lose power. My town was saved, but just a week ago a little tornado came through and many trees were up rooted. No one hurt.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure many of you have heard the news...many have lost their lives due to all of the tornadoes last night. My deepest sympathy to all.

I too would like to extend my prayers to all who have been touched by the storms...both tornado and snow.

(((HUGS)))
Coden
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

That's what I love about this forum. We can laugh together, be silly and then pray for one another. How diverse a group we are. God bless you all!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Flip tell Vicki to look out for the old lady on the bike
verjoy

Tornado

Post by verjoy »

We are about 45 miles from Gassville AR where the first storms hit. That tornado was headed straight for us, we had warnings and sirens, but it dissipated before it got here. Same thing happened last March, but then the tornado took out houses less than a mile from our house.

The tragedy then was a 6 yr old girl that went to our grandson's school was killed and her father severely brain injured. The rest of the family-mother and 8 and 10 yr old brothers had broken bones but recovered. The community immediately pitched in with money and materials and built them a new home with a basement shelter.

We have only lived here 3 yrs-it is beautiful hilly country, but those tornado producing storms do come in waves out of the southwest.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

waterguy wrote:Has anyone heard from KYgirl or the TN and Ky formites hope all is well prayers are coming your way.
Thank you for thinking about us!
The storms were bad here. There were 7 deaths in Kentucky and lots of damage. I am keeping my brother's children this week. The seven of us had to sleep in the basement during the storms, but we are all fine. My prayers are with all those who have suffered a loss.
Image[/url]
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Oh gosh you guys how scary. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.