8 Tuff Miles Q??

Travel discussion for St. John
pipergal

8 Tuff Miles Q??

Post by pipergal »

Hello!
Has anyone here participated in the race? Any advice? We are going to this year and I am a bit intimidated... Do they provide H20 or do we bring our own? I am going to finish that race!!!! 28 days YIKES Thanks:)
Pipergal
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Wow! Congratulations! I am so impressed. I would love to do that race some day - such an accomplishment. My friend, Sandy has done it (she lives on island). She has finished 1st in her age category. I'm 90% sure they have water/gatorade on the course - check out their site - there is a link to ask questions http://www.8tuffmiles.com/

I arrive on island the same day but unfortunately will miss the race.

Have a great run!
NancyB
NancyB
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
lavender

Post by lavender »

My hubby, an avid triathlete, says to go to trinewbies.com and visit their forum - post a question for virgingirl (aka Jodie) and she will give you the whole scoop! Good luck!! Be ready for those hills!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Good for you! Nana (my mom) is itching to do it but we always seem to arrive a bit too late.

Please post about it when you get home.
TJ

Hi Pipergal

Post by TJ »

I too am running the 8 Tuff Miles this year and have been looking forward to it for quite some time.

I assure you there will be plenty of water!! Although I haven't run the race, I've been in contact w/ the Race Director Peter who is doing an amazing job of organizing things. I believe there will be plenty of water stations along the route. If you have questions you can email him directly. Just visit www.8tuffmiles.com.

You might also be interested in checking out my blog that I've been keeping regarding my training for the race. I'm coming down w/ two old High School buddies for a week and the highlight for us will be 8 Tuff Miles. I'm certainly not a "runner" but am training hard to do the best I can.

Check out my blog at www.runtylerjacksonrun.blogspot.com

Good luck and feel free to contact (tylerjhicks@gmail.com) me if you have any questions or just want to talk training and stuff!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

plenty of water stations and plenty of support for all along the way.
it is a 'tuff' race but it is well worth it and Peter does a phenomenal job every yr organizing it.
i think this may be the 7th or 8th 8tuff.........

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
bert

Post by bert »

I run/walk 8Tuff every year. Pace yourself! It's all uphill the first half, and all down hill the second half into Coral Bay. The down hill part is actually harder on those calf mucsles than you might imagine. There are plenty of water and Gatorade stations along the way. You can sign up as a runner or a walker; if it's your first time, I suggest walking. (I keep urging Pete to open up a "moseying" category for me, but no luck so far!) All in all get ready for a good time with the rest of the day to rest on your favorite beach.

peace.... bert