How late are restaurants open in Coral Bay in May?

Travel discussion for St. John
susan & herb

How late are restaurants open in Coral Bay in May?

Post by susan & herb »

We have spent many long lunch hours at Island Blues after hitting the beaches. Unfortunately, we finish lunch at around 3pm and even though we try not to eat a lot, we are not usually ready for dinner till late, say 7pm or 8pm.
I was wondering how late the Coral Bay restaurants stay open until in May as we will be staying on that side of the island for the first time at Villa Carolina. We have always stayed closer to Cruz Bay and I know that the restaurants stay open late.
JT

Post by JT »

Coral bay is generally an early quits kind of place. Pretty much everything shuts down by 10 p.m. on weeknights, a bit later on weekends. It also seems to wake up early.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Places will close early if they are not busy. You can do reservations at Aqua Bistro, Sweet Plantains, Shipwreck Landing and Miss Lucy's. That's a good idea if you want to dine after 8.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Thanks for the info. Rick. I guess because Coral Bay is so layed back reservations didn't even enter my mind.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We were at Aqua Bistro until after 11 one night. I think that the kitchen shut down around 9:30 or so ans we stayed to hang out and listen to Mark Wallace.
ShipwreckPat

Restaurant Hours

Post by ShipwreckPat »

In years past, May has been the start of the slow season but the last few years have still been jumping in Coral Bay. Hours are a bit like the area, we go with the flow.
If there are still people around, most places stay open until 9:00 but if we don't see anyone....well we go on Island Time!

I can only speak for Shipwreck, but if you call, we will wait for you.
mbw1024

Re: Restaurant Hours

Post by mbw1024 »

ShipwreckPat wrote: I can only speak for Shipwreck, but if you call, we will wait for you.
That is so kind. Great to have another local here :!: