Books On-Island

Travel discussion for St. John
Chet

Books On-Island

Post by Chet »

The comment by PAG struck a chord.
PA Girl wrote:...the books (my goodness, the
reading material we take along!)
Mrs. Random is a voracious reader, and I have been know to zoom through a book a day - ususally recovering from a rum fog or going into one. Or reading on the beach in between snorkel trips.

In the past we have hauled a library in the bag with the snorkel gear. Then there's the back issues of the New Yorker and Atlantic in the carry on bags.

Sol Inclination had a great summer library that included some meaty choices. Has any one else discovered a treasure trove of books in villas?

Check out the lending library at Skinny's. Many volumes rest on the shelves opposite the t-shirts.

I don't like being the Book Sherpa when traveling...
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I love to read and I usually manage to finish a book (even a meaty one) on the flights down, and then another 2 - 3 while on a trip and through the flight home. I think I got through 4 on my recent trip. One I brought, one my friend brought, and 2 were from the long shelf of books available at Starlit Escape, where we stayed. They had a nice mix of books, including STJ guide books, non-fiction like fish identification, beach reads and meatier fiction, etc. We accidentally left a new book of my daughter's there, too. Hopefully another tween girl will enjoy it!

Good to know about the lending shelf at Skinny's!
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

I read about the same as Katie - I usually bring 3 with me and always have found others at the villa to swap out. It's never been a problem for me.

Maybe, we need to do book swaps at the Forum Beach Bar gatherings? :)
NancyB