underwater photography

Travel discussion for St. John
babydocwhit

underwater photography

Post by babydocwhit »

I purchased this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DiCAPac-WP-300-unde ... dZViewItem

it's a housing pouch for a digital camera. The previous ebay buyers all had positive responses to the product. Has anyone used an underwater camera pouch, or have any other recommendations about underwater photography on the cheap?
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I love my underwater housing for my Canon SD 600.
I couldn't open your link to see exactly what you bought.

Here are my underwater pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sea-nile/s ... 538465587/

I think you will enjoy it.
Oh and Congratulations on your wedding!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

I have a EWA-MARINE camera pouch for my Kodak point and shoot. I really like it for a number of reasons. I can shoot underwater (not great, but acceptable) down to 30 feet. I don’t have to worry about sand, rain or anything else (spilled drinks). From that point of view – it’s great. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
babydocwhit

oh wow sea-nile!

Post by babydocwhit »

great pics! what kind of housing do you have? the one I bought is a pouch-like case for a small digital camera. It seems almost too good to be true. My FI is concerned about ruining our new digital camera.
FlaGeorge

Re: oh wow sea-nile!

Post by FlaGeorge »

babydocwhit wrote:great pics! what kind of housing do you have? the one I bought is a pouch-like case for a small digital camera. It seems almost too good to be true. My FI is concerned about ruining our new digital camera.
I was afraid the first time too. I tried it out in my pool first and it worked great. Make sure you have the little Silica Gel packs to put in the pouch with the camera - it keeps condensation from forming inside the pouch.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

I was wondering about that housing (bag) as well as that is the only housing available for my small Kodak. Glad to hear it has worked well for others! Have to order it and try it out in my pool as well.
cat

Post by cat »

I got one of those pouches but ended up getting the housing for my digital. I think i would have to try that pouch out under water with something else in it before I would put a good digital camera in it. That's just me!