Skim Milk 6.89/G
English Muffins 2.99
Butter 2.95/2 sticks
Diet Pepsi 2.99/6 pk
Gatorade (large) 8.05
Pop Tarts 3.29
Zip Lock Bags 3.99
Bread 2.55
Orange Juice 1 G 11.00 (not from concentrate)

Chelsea Drug Store Cruz Bay

Halls Lozenges 2.95
After Bite 4.95
Zest soap 1.00
Citronella Bands 2.65
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks for posting this. It's pretty useful information for people in the planning stages! :D
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Yes thank you for posting the list. We are packing food next trip and this is a good reminder of why :shock:
melmd

Post by melmd »

Good Golly Miss Molly!

On our last trip we were Honeymooners and had no need for food. This upcoming trip there will be 8 of us including a milk drinking toddler and at these prices, I'll be selling my plane ticket home :lol: to pay for the food.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Also go to Xislandgirl's trip report as she posted prices as well.

Pia
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the information. Now we won't have such sticker shock when we are there.
I will be bringing a checked bag now and will include a lot of non-perishable foods.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

All,

Thanks for keeping this idea going. No doubt it will be a great help for the new folks!

Wow!! Breyers has gone up!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

I ran across this old post and thought it was a great idea for trip planning! Can anyone offer a more current list?
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

It looks pretty accurate from two weeks ago when I was there. I know that I paid $4.59 for wheat thins and $3.85 (it was on sale!) for the cheese to go with them at Starfish. We're packing food next time too. I wanted cookies all week, but I wasn't paying $5 for a package, nor was I paying about $20 for the ingredients to make home-made ones.

I don't have any of my receipts, because of where that wave went in my beach bag, but from memory that looks right. I think I managed to get yogurt for 99 cents at Dolphin although one of the three cartons did go bad before the end of the week.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Pine Peace is where I try to get all my staples. I will try to remember to keep my receipt. I also like to pack easy to pack stuff if there is room. What we eat leaves room for the t-shirts and crap that we buy there.
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

We always bring snack stuff ... you have to have something for the afternoon cocktails. :)

Yesterday we receive a pre-profisioning list from Concordia. The prices don't look too bad.
So we will probably order some mixers and morning things to get us started and get rum at the airport.

Have a great day !!!

[/url]
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Just double check the provisioning "fees."

I think Flip Flop & I both have shied away from this service due to the really high costs associated-- and we aren't exactly penny pinchers! IOW we have NO problem dropping serious cash on goods and services when we want them.

I think these businesses do offer a valuable service but everytime I think I want to take advantage of the service and then really look at the total cost of doing so, I always change my mind.

On the other hand I have only heard rave reviews from the people on the quality of the services provided by these folks and I know they gotta get paid for it.

But IMHO I'd rather spend that $$ on other things on island. Besides I don't mind the trip to Starfish and Pine Peace markets-- all part of getting used to island time ;-)
*Another fine scatterbrained production
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I can't speak for Concordia's fees but when we looked into getting our groceries provisioned for February, the fees were more than we could possibly stomach and when it comes to vacation and convenience, we tend to be liberal with our money (too much so!)
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

We looked at provisioning too, and it seemed a bit steep to me. However, you pay for the convenience if that's what you are looking for.

Both Pine Peace and Starfish were on our way to the villa, so it was nothing to stop there on our way home in the evening if we needed to.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I am all for convenience and I don't mind paying for it but I kind of like going to the grocery store. It kind of gets me in the island mood.

The provisioning fees are steep and I am one of those shoppers who doesn't know what they want until they see it.

I think it might sort of maybe make sense once you get into a larger group size, but not typically with the groups I go with.

We do a mix of taking stuff (we split it among those going - you bring tang, I'll bring peanut butter) and then an on island list of perishables. Usually whoever hits the island first, stocks the house and then we just split it up.