Pics from the 6/24 Beach Bar Forum Gathering

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Anita

Pics from the 6/24 Beach Bar Forum Gathering

Post by Bob & Anita »

Here are some pictures from the Beach Bar Forum Get Together on 6/24:
http://www.pbase.com/robertablake/beachbar.

It was loads of fun meeting the newlyweds JJShaw & JnJShaw, StJohnRuth and her friend Bev, Tracy & Juice and Barb Y. Amid tasty painkillers and cool jazz we shared wonderful conversations and a fantastic sunset.

We'll post more of our pictures and our trip report in a few weeks. We are leaving for France in about 2 hours. We'll be spending 3 days by ourselves on the Riviera and then hooking up with our oldest son and his High School Jazz Band that is on tour in Europe. We'll get to see their last two performances in France. Now we know what your thinking, "poor people, coming home from 9 days in the USVI and then having to leave a week later for the French Riviera." But don't worry about us, we'll somehow make it through.
Bob & Anita
SoCaTraveler

Post by SoCaTraveler »

Bob and Anita ~

Great pics! Wish we could have been there. We stayed on St. Thomas on the 24th, but thought of you guys!

Have fun on the French Riviera... we passed through there for a day last summer. Life is tough for you... going from the VIs to France... but that is how it goes sometimes! 8)

Carole
Jamestown

Post by Jamestown »

Bob and Anita,
I've been wondering about you two....knew your trips to St. John and France were coming up, but didn't know exactly when. Looking forward to your pictures and report (from France too!)

Au revoir!
Jamestown
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey you guys! Love, love, love the pictures! I remember the discussion about whether or not you should go to France, and I'm so glad you decided to do it! You'll always talk about how you raced back from St. John in '07 to get to France for your son's tour! Can't wait until you have time to post more pix of your travels! Bon voyage! :D
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Great pics guys! Wish we could have been there. That was our Ocean Runner day and we were whipped out by the time we got back in and went through customs.

I think we were in bed by 9 that night!

nothintolose

p.s. Ruth - LOVE the jumbie beads on ya'!!!!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Bon Voyage you two!! We truly enjoyed meeting everyone at the Beach Bar and as previously mentioned, we had the great fortune to meet up with Bob and Anita and their sons several more times at the end of our trip. A truly nice family!

Have a safe trip to France and enjoy all that Jazz!

Tracy & Juice
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Bob and Anita,
It was great meeting all you.
I enjoyed the pics as well. I was hoping you would post them.
I hope you have a wonderful time on your next journey
:)
[/url]
cat

Post by cat »

Great pics! We were so sorry to have missed that gathering! We were exhausted from our Ocean Runner day!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Hey you 24th guys! I was there in my forum t shirt with Bill and DJ but didnt see anyone ? Im so sorry I missed you! Thanks for the pics though.
HawkeyeChick

Post by HawkeyeChick »

I'm sorry we missed it too!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Looks like you had a great time
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the pictures.
It did look like fun!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hey there! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. It was so nice meeting everyone. I wish I had a bit more time to hang out with all of you, but traveling with the family kept me pretty busy. Thanks again and enjoy your trip. Barb
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Ksea wrote:Hey you 24th guys! I was there in my forum t shirt with Bill and DJ but didnt see anyone ? Im so sorry I missed you! Thanks for the pics though.
Ksea, We heard from someone sitting at the bar that a women was there earlier with the same t-shirt (forum shirt) but had left, might have been you. We got the Beach Bar shortly after 4:30. Sorry we missed you.
Bob & Anita
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Wow, what a rough life! Don't you just love it when trips work out back to back!

I LOVE the French Riviera. Have to say the dining over there beats most of the dining on St. John.

Enjoy your travels!