What does your significant other say.....

Travel discussion for St. John
Jo Ann - VA

What does your significant other say.....

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

What does your significant other say about:

- the amount of time you spend here?

- the frequency that you visit?

- you referrring to other members of the forum like you 'really' know them?

- the number of times you look at the web cam?

- all of your knowledge of current events on an island many miles away?

Sometimes my husband just shakes his head and smiles. :) (He found my knowledge very helpful in April when we were there for the first time.)
Other times he shakes his head and rolls his eyes. :roll:
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

He pretty much thinks I am nuts.
But, I do think my knowledge was appreciated slightly during our trip a few weeks ago. :D
Last edited by sea-nile on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

I would say about the same here. A combination of rolling eyes and "letting me do whatever I want" without care that much. He did also, like you, thought it was good that I had some knowledge before we visited for the first time also in April (so nice meeting you).
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

It sounds like my situation is very similar to yours. Sometimes he looks at me and says "you know your addicted, don't you?" Honestly, I think he really enjoys it though. Like, he was happy to meet Ruth and Ron, and it was his idea for me to do a couple of live from STJ posts when we were there.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Although he hasn't come out to play, my husband Charlie recently signed up for this site :)
He doesn't say much about it either way but he's glad I know what I know when we go on vacation.

He does ask me how Ruth is doing, though! ;)
patr

Post by patr »

Funny you should ask!

He totally gets St John, however, he DOES NOT get the forum!
He thinks you're all a bunch of strangers! He refuses to take the time to get to know you like I do.

I read and obsess over any and all vacation planning, which really annoys him. BUT, when we arrive at our destination, he will look at me and say, "well, you you've done all the research, where should we eat, stay, shop, etc" WHATEVER!!!! :roll:
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
jdw

Post by jdw »

My husband is thankful that I spend so much time "planning". It sure pays off when we are there. When Jorge is on St. John and sending daily reports, my husband always asks for a Jorge story when he gets home from work!!!
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

My s/o aka "Jacka$$" to those on the DBFT who met him in May, "Gets It"...He already knows I am a card-carrying crazy woman and was actually kind of excited at the Beach Bar throw down...we got there early and he kept saying ..have you seen any of your "invisible friends" yet?"':roll:'We both have the STJ fever bad and he loves when I keep him up on the latest...we live life planning for the next trip down...lucky for me I get to go twice every year (once with the Gurls) and he only gets to go once!!.'8)That's my story and I'm stickin' with it!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Amount of time and frequency......He says I may need to get a job, which he knows very good and weel I'm NOT going to do.

Webcam.......I don't actually look at it that much.

He actually thinks it's really cool that I have friends that I have made on the forum and likes the idea of the SOTB trip. He'd rather work, and it is much cheaper to travel alone than with a family of four.

He also thinks taking the college daughter twice in one year is a little much, but he spoils us, so what can a girl do. :wink:

I have a really great husband and I can't wait until I can take him back to STJ without the kids. :D
Coden

Post by Coden »

My husband does not get a forum at all. But he is a quite person, and although he has many friends, he is just fine where he is at. If it were up to him we wouldn't go anywhere - we would just hang here with all of our friends and family. He has a lot of fun though when we do travel, and I try for us to take as many trips as we can. He thinks I am just addicted to traveling. And he is absolutely correct!!! :D :lol:
Last edited by Coden on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coden
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

My Honey doesn't say very much about the forums. He knows I'm totally addicted but thinks it's kinda cool that there is a place to gain so much inside knowledge. And he's well aware that my research is going to pretty much guarantee him a fantastic trip!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Cypress, you're a Princess after my own heart!

This Princess has a desk. :lol:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

My husband realizes he is as obsessed about other things (Paintball, watches, cars) as I am about STJ, so he gives me no grief. Hey, there are no STJ shows to TiVO like he does car crap and paintball stuff.

He did think it was a little odd when I received a couple of things in the mail from my forum friends. I truly do KNOW some of you. Gromit is a friend of over 10 years (though she's been MIA for a while on here, something or another about her J-O-B as if), FlaGeorge shared many tips with me off line about scuba and I was lucky enough to meet him and his lovely (I would say better half but don't want to hurt his feelings) wife, FlaSteph, and have become quite ebuddies with Vicki. She is my life doppleganger 'cept she's much cuter.

All I did was show my hubby a pic of my forum friend, Vicki, and he was ok with it ;) Sorry, Vicki you can't help it you are cute!
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I think sea-nile and I have the same husband.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Him - "Are you on the THAT forum again? But we don't have a trip planned for any time soon".

He does love St. John though; and it won't take a lot of convincing to get us back next year (a couple of family outings take precedence this year).

And like the others, he loves that I know so much when we're there. Never get an argument on where to eat, drink, snorkel, etc.; but, he has no desire to meet any of you - sorry . :oops: Not even Ruth who moved to STJ from the next town over from us.

Oh well - he's still a keeper.
janet