48 Hours to go and two questions

Travel discussion for St. John
mujz

48 Hours to go and two questions

Post by mujz »

We're down to the wire, and I have two questions:
1) Would like to go to Zozo's with the hubby to celebrate 25 years of wedded bliss. Can he wear nice shorts, or is this a place you need pants?
2) It looks like the cruise ships are not scheduled to be @ STJ the 16-23. Am I reading the schedule correctly? Will the cruisers still come in droves if there are anchored in STT? I am trying to make sure we schedule our visit to Trunk when the cruise ships aren't around.

Thanks again for all your help.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Shorts are fine for Zozos. Maybe a polo shirt to go with if you want to "dress up." We ate there for our 10th anniversary a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome.

As far as the cruise ships, I think they only anchor off STJ at very limited times of the year. Re: people coming from boats at STT, yes, they will come over to go to Trunk and Cinnamon Bay. They don't show up until around 10 and they leave at 3, so go early or late if you want an empty beach. If you want to go mid-day, choose a day that there is only one ship in port, and when you get to Trunk walk all the way down to the left. People tend to cluster around the cay and lifeguard stations to the right (as you are looking at the water).

Have a great trip!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I found this link on another forum as far as the schedule for the cruise ships its what we are going by.. hope it helps...48 hrs here too..:D

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/cruis ... T-June.php
[/url]
CardinalSynn

Post by CardinalSynn »

Thanks for posting that ship schedule. Now i get to see when the ships come in on my time there as well.
June 23rd here i come!
mujz

Post by mujz »

Thank you all so much for your help.... I am out of my mind with excitement about visiting STJ. I just want to enjoy every moment of the precious present in paradise.
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Go to Trunk on A Friday since there are usually no cruise ships that day.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
SoCaTraveler

Post by SoCaTraveler »

According to www.cruisecal.com, in St. Thomas the following # of ships are in port for your dates:

6/16 - 2
6/17 - 0
6/18 - 1
6/19 - 2
6/20 - 2
6/21 - 1
6/22 - 1
6/23 - 1

Click on the Main Calendar on the left and do a search on your dates and the port "St. Thomas"... you'll get a listing of which ships are in port, and what hours they are there.

Carole