Reply from Captain Clark of White Wing

Travel discussion for St. John
Tracy in WI

Reply from Captain Clark of White Wing

Post by Tracy in WI »

I know several of you were looking into going sailing with Captain Clark. In an email reply to me he stated he will be leaving St. John on June 26th and heading to Trinidad. No word on his return. Just thought I would pass that along!!

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

A lot of the charter boats head south during peak hurricane season, for a number of reasons. If you are interested in a charter over the summer/early fall months, contact the boat captains or agents now and see who will be around.

-Ruth
HawkeyeChick

Post by HawkeyeChick »

Tracy, LOL. I just got the same reply. He recommended Soma if we wanted to see Sandy Spit. I read their site and that sucker seems a bit too fast for my taste (speeding catamaran...who knew?).
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Can't he just take me to trinidad with him. I want to go there & would love to go on the 26th and not know when I am coming back!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Hawkeye Chick - I see the Soma website says not to expect Jimmy Buffet, Rum Punch or fresh baked bread. Based on that alone, I don't think it's for me!! No offense to anyone who might enjoy that type of trip!!

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I travelled with Cruz Bay watersports last May on Island Spirit (I think that was the name) That was a great trip to JVD. One of the crew was a real sweet young girl in her early 20's I would guess. Apparently SOMA was the trip that all her local buddies either worked on or took trips on. It seemed to be a big time Party boat for the younger (20's) crowd. But they sure looked like they were having a blast.