Getting around by taxi

Travel discussion for St. John
Beachnut513

Getting around by taxi

Post by Beachnut513 »

Hello all, I've been to STJ several times,however always rented a jeep. My mother in-law is sick of hearing our stories about the beautiful STJ and now wants to see it with a friend of hers. However they're abit intimidated about driving. How is it to explore by taxi? They will stay in Cruz Bay.
Teresa_Rae

Re: Getting around by taxi

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Taking taxis everywhere would really add up, not to mention that the taxis don't go everywhere. I would never attempt a STJ vacation without my own rental vehicle.

If they stayed right in Cruz Bay so it was easier to find cabs it would make it slightly more manageable, but still, I wouldn't want to be constrained by only being able to go to certain beaches.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the beaches that do have taxis at them regularly (Cinnamon, Trunk) will often wait to fill up before they leave. So they'd leave the beach just to sit and wait.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Ask the owners/managers of where they are renting. Perhaps they can offer assistance in fining a private taxi/driver for their needs.
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

I think you have to rent a car to explore st. john..otherwise you wind up a cruise ship visitor..imo cruz bay was never the reason to go to this beautiful place. car rentals are not cheap..go with them, share the costs and show them around.