Brunch??

Travel discussion for St. John
18N 64W

Brunch??

Post by 18N 64W »

We will be heading to STJ in 14 days!! We are traveling with another couple who have never visited before. I am trying to make some tentative plans in case we run into some rain while we are there :) I know all the good breakfast spots in Cruz Bay but I am wondering about brunch options. Does anyone know about Rhumb Line's brunch? Cost, menu, etc? Also, I see the Banana Deck has a Bloody Mary Bar special on the weekends, do they serve brunch too? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
equineannie

Re: Brunch??

Post by equineannie »

FYI, remember that you are going in low season and many restaurants will be closed. This site had a posting, awhile back, of time lines for restaurants.
18N 64W

Post by 18N 64W »

Yes, I have the list. Fortunately most will be open when we are there! Thank you :)
mizarumonkey

Post by mizarumonkey »

Rhumb Lines brunch is very good, but make sure to ask the prices on their brunch cocktails, which were not printed on the menu on my last, and likely last, visit. $12 for a mimosa is utterly ridiculous.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I'm just going to put this out there but brunch on STJ is nothing like a brunch in the States - imo it is just breakfast served later with a few different menu items and drink options. When I think of brunch I think of an omelet station, a carving station, a waffle/pancake station, a pasta station, a dessert station etc with all you can drink champagne, mimosas, fresh juice etc - at least that is the type of brunch I go to when back home

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

st. john is somewhere between gilligan's island and paradise island....brunch... lemme check with the skipper... O.K. he says it's a PBR anda PBJ!!
Eric on St John

Post by Eric on St John »

Cruz Bay Landing does a great later breakfast/brunch until 12 on Saturdays & Sunday's, 11 am weekdays. http://www.cruzbaylanding.com/
Sun Dog does a good simple small menu brunch on Sundy's until 2 pm.
Rhumblines not opening until Oct 15 but it's popular and a little different...
Eric on St John
kklay

Post by kklay »

Agree with Cruz Bay landing. tasty food with daily specials. Nice view, nice people to chat with!