BeGold Rentals? Chocolate Hole villa

Travel discussion for St. John
MadCityMom

BeGold Rentals? Chocolate Hole villa

Post by MadCityMom »

Has anyone ever worked with this company before? Or familiar with the Chocolate Hole villa in the link below? I haven't heard of this company. Website says they are from the UK. They're offering a 20% discount for our dates but wonder if it's legit.

http://begoldrentals.com/property-h6813 ... e-164.html
kklay

Re: BeGold Rentals? Chocolate Hole villa

Post by kklay »

It looks pretty fishy to me. Just looking at some of their villas in Cruz Bay, Chocolate Hold, etc. it seems the prices are very cheap for what I am seeing. I think I would use VRBO or a management company located on St. John, not in the UK!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

There have been quite a few pirated listings in the last year, and I'll bet this is one of them, but I'm not positive. Please just sit tight until someone who knows more here can shed light on this villa - don't send them any money! :evil:

Good for you for being smart and proactive!
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

Their website is blocked by the security appliance in my network, and is reported to have spyware/malware. It's almost guaranteed to be a scam.

Their website was created on February 15th, 2014. And it's registered through a privacy screening domain provider, to hide their identity. Scam.

WHOIS information for begoldrentals.com:***

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.activeregistrar.com]
[Querying whois.activeregistrar.com]
[whois.activeregistrar.com]
Registration Service Provided By: Active-Domain LLC

Domain Name: begoldrentals.com
Expiry Date: 15-Feb-2015
Creation Date: 15-Feb-2014
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

You guys are awesome! I just had a funny feeling. I've been making a lot of inquiries lately and didn't remember that one. Sounded a little fishy! Whew!
BeckyK

Post by BeckyK »

BeGold Rentals is a total scam. I own a property in Santa Barbara and they are fraudulently using my rental to scam people. I have turned them into the FBI and my local police department. Do not ever send money to a vacation rental company who will not give you a phone number to speak with a live person or the property address prior to wiring money. Always beware. If they want you money first!!
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

Definitely something going on...
They are advertising Villa Chez Shell in G Cruz Bay for $200/night regardless of date when VRBO lists at $443-800 depending on season. Be interested to find out how they got so many photos of the villa.

As the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true..."
Stay away
[/url]
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Please be sure to contact the management company or the owner to ket them know. They likely have no idea that their pictures and listing have been duplicated
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I tried to load their website and kept getting kicked out for some reason. If anyone sees anything listed at Grande Bay, please let me know!!

I hate scammers - just dealt with one trying to get my 17 year old son to cash a check for close to $4000 he didn't earn. My son was so excited.... If it's too good to be true....
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay