The Final Countdown

Travel discussion for St. John
TrvlJohn

The Final Countdown

Post by TrvlJohn »

In 2 days Karen and I will be embarking on a different kind of trip to our favorite island. We have always gone by ourselves, but on Saturday we are taking 8 newbies with us.

We have traveled with them before on cruises and other vacations, but this is their first time on the island except for day trips. I am so glad the beaches are open. I wasn't sure how I was going to entertain them if the beaches were closed.

I made RickG's Travel Rules post required reading for everyone in the group... http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... la6G1NaX90 - Thanks Rick!

I will definitely post while I am on the island - some 'Live from the Rock' posts.
I can't wait to show them all the places that make the island so special...Little Lameshur, Vie's, Waterlemon, the Tourist Trap, etc...

I am so looking forward to this:
St. John by JRSIII, on Flickr

For those of you on island - see you soon!
-John
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
Myheart'sinSTJ

Re: The Final Countdown

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Have a terrific trip and that's alot of newbies to be hauling around! I hope they all "get it", I will be bring just one newbie in January, can't wait! :D
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

You're a brave soul any I'm right behind you with 7 newbies (all women!). So please have a great time and feel free to share any wisdom you have learned along the way. Gorgeous photo!!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

You'll have a great time!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

If you have traveled with them before and are willing to do it again they must be doing something right. My previous newbies are now hooked! I hope you have a blast! Enjoy sharing your love of STJ with those you care about.
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

Tracy in WI wrote:You're a brave soul any I'm right behind you with 7 newbies (all women!). So please have a great time and feel free to share any wisdom you have learned along the way. Gorgeous photo!!
It has been quite a chore convincing some of the women they can go 'carry-on only'... A few of the women take 2 suitcases for a weekend at the beach back here at home...

Luckily, I have convinced the guys that they need a few t-shirts and a couple of pair of shorts and nothing else so they can give their extra room to their wives...

One more day...
Hiking in the Virgin Islands National Park by JRSIII, on Flickr
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs