3 years is too long , new ideas please

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

3 years is too long , new ideas please

Post by nancyr84 »

image.jpg
Last year we went to Eleuthera which we love. This year we tried Grand Cayman which had good snorkeling but did not impress me otherwise. Next June we are returning to St John trip number 6 for 11 days. I am really all about the snorkeling. I have tried most North Shore beaches , except Gibney and Jumbie. Love Haulover and was at Salt Pond our first trip. I swam around Waterlemon once and it was too rough the second time I tried it. I would like to try some new places. I am no spring chicken but can move fairly well in the water. Any suggestions? I have read about Brown Bay Lameshur , Long Bay and Pelican Rock and they all seem great.
Nancy
CinnBay

Re: 3 years is too long , new ideas please

Post by CinnBay »

Easy access beaches are Lameshur (rough, bumpy road), Haulover, and Vie's where you can snorkel Pelican Rock. Brown Bay is great, and you will most likely have the beach to yourself, but there is a hike involved. If you are adventurous, you may want to snorkel the mangroves in Princess Bay. The water is very shallow but we never touched the bottom. The marine life that take shelter in the mangroves is amazing.
CinnBay

Re: 3 years is too long , new ideas please

Post by CinnBay »

Also, if you have never rented a dingy it is so worth it. Looking at the beaches you love from the water is great. We only stopped at beaches where we could bring the dingy up on the beach. There was no way that I was going to try to get into a dingy from the water.