Father's Day!

Travel discussion for St. John
Littlecheeze

Father's Day!

Post by Littlecheeze »

This post is just a shout out to my Dad, Bigcheeze!
He's been taking me to the Virgin Islands since I was only 2. I've fallen in love with the islands (Particularly St. John...) just as much, if not more than he has. We've been going for 11 years straight, and I know no place in the world will be as special to me as St. John. I am EXTREMELY lucky to have a Dad that not only has the money (And frequent flyer miles!) to pay for these vacations, but one that actually loves me and my brother enough to take us! It makes me open my eyes to the fact that most kids haven't even been out of the state, let alone to the Virgin Islands! He's constantly trying to make trips as special and frequent as he can make them. I look forward to planning next years trip with him, and many more to come. I love you Bigcheeze! Love, Littlecheeze 8)
"Changes in latitude changes in attitude"

Nancie-Pa

Re: Father's Day!

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Awwww...that's so sweet Little Cheese! I bet it's your Dad's best present today. :D
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

What a great post!
Paula

EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Awesome post L'il Cheese! Bet your dad got a little teary eyed when he saw it!! Public acknowledgement of your parents at your age is so rarely seen that it means a lot to us crazy parents!! Way to go- I knew you were a great person when I met you!! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Definitely awesome! I have 2 small children and can only hope they grow up with your level of thoughtfulness and maturity. Nothing like family and I pray they think that way when they get to the dreaded teenage years!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Littlecheeze...you make me proud to be your dad. But we will need a new keyboard as my tears of joy have fried the one I'm using now. Taking you and your brother....and your mom on our adventures is as you know what makes my engine rev at high speed.

I guess knowing we are returning next year brings joy to my heart as you do on a daily basis. Let's get planning that Bareboat around the Islands.

While we might be $1.5 Mil shy of out first 1 Mil...I remember reading this quote;

" Our dad would take us on family vacations every year that he knew we couldn't afford...to create memories we couldn't afford to be without."
sherban

Post by sherban »

Bigcheeze wrote: " Our dad would take us on family vacations every year that he knew we couldn't afford...to create memories we couldn't afford to be without."
Very nice family vibe here thanks for posting, kudos to both of you!!

Great quote too...thanks for sharing that...