Fun time even with a water ambulance: a quick trip report

Travel discussion for St. John
CHM

Fun time even with a water ambulance: a quick trip report

Post by CHM »

I will post a longer trip report later, but this is a quicky since it is RAINING now. The weather has been great minus a few quick showers, but so far today is a wash out. Blue Papaya is beautiful and we highly recommend this villa. On day two, one member of our party began to complain about her stomach. Long story short, the STJ medical center determined it was her appendix and transported her by water ambulance to the hospital in St. Thomas. She is back with us now and recovering with this beautiful view. Our boat day with Born To Rhumb was postponed until tomorrow (so nice of them to postpone for us twice, once for medical emergency and then today for rain). Hopefully tomorrow will be a pretty boat day. Longer trip report and villa review to come. I am headed to find a rainy day activity for two 4 year olds that have been super sweet.
News of St. John

Re: Fun time even with a water ambulance: a quick trip repor

Post by News of St. John »

I saw the webcam today - does not look pretty. Other than today, how has the weather been? I am headed down in two weeks and could not be more excited!
Jenn, News of St. John
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Glad to hear your traveler is recovering! That could not have been fun! Did she have to have surgery?
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

Glad to know she received good medical care on island. I think that many people worry about this. You are all troopers! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."
~ Karen von Blixen
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am glad that your co-vacationer is OK! That must have been scary.

As long as its not thundering, you could let the kids go in the pool in the rain. Or go rent some movies from the video store in the Marketplace. They rent to tourists and have a good selection of kids videos.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Are there any (indoor) museums on the island? Even the NPS gift shop could be fun for kids to visit, esp if you buy them an "educational" toy or book.

I think I've heard that you can take tours of the Westin, maybe even get gift coupons for listening to a sales pitch. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy that as an adult, but when I was a little kid I thought hotels were the most exciting thing EVER.
CHM

Post by CHM »

Thanks everyone! Rachel did have surgery in St. Thomas. And the weather has been good except for today. We have had a few island showers but nothing like today. It stopped raining today around 2:00 and we had a pretty afternoon at Jumbie. We took the boys to see the parrots at the Westin and also to play on the playground. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice boat day (with a sitter for the kids) whoo hoo!
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

So far Blue Papaya has been my favorite of the villas we have rented! That makes a rainy day so much more bearable, doesn't it?
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

So far Blue Papaya has been my favorite of the villas we have rented! That makes a rainy day so much more bearable, doesn't it?