Anyone know Eminence on High (formally Bordeaux Mtn Villa)?

Travel discussion for St. John
Jersey Shore

Anyone know Eminence on High (formally Bordeaux Mtn Villa)?

Post by Jersey Shore »

We are planning to stay here next year. It will be only our second trip to STJ and our first to this side of the island, we are excited! From what I read I think we are going to love it. The villa looks really beautiful and the owner has been extremely helpful and very courteous. Just wanted to check if anyone has stayed here or know what the villa is like to stay in?
Thanks in advance.
dreamshark

Re: Anyone know Eminence on High (formally Bordeaux Mtn Vill

Post by dreamshark »

Eminence on High? Seriously? Isn't that what they call the pope?

Obviously, finding the right name for a villa is quite a challenge. You want a name that is distinctive yet easy to spell. A name that rolls pleasantly off the tongue, but also speaks to something particular and memorable about the place. Not too generic, but not too pompous either. This name change rockets right from one extreme to the other. :lol:

Whatever the owners call it, it looks like a beautiful villa.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Dreamshark is a straight shooter! :lol: :lol: :lol: I completely agree, though!
chloe_jade416

Post by chloe_jade416 »

Looked into this villa ourselves for our first trip to STJ. Found it on vrbo. Don't know much about it except that it used to be called the Bordeaux Mountain House. Saw an older video of it on the villa's current website. Agree that it looks to be a gorgeous villa and also agree its new name is a little odd.
From what I can tell, it's being re-introduced to the rental market (new owner?)....and they seem to be offering decent rates (IMO, comparatively speaking). It almost made our short list for our first visit, but was just a little skeptical since there doesn't seem to be any current (3rd party) feedback on it. Also tried calling the owner directly with some questions and never was able to get in touch. Did receive an email after our initial vrbo inquiry with a reduced rate offer...BEFORE we even asked or requested for a reduced rate.....which we also found a little strange.
Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Okay guys obviously I couldn't care less what the villa is called as that will have no bearing on my decision to rent or our enjoyment of the property. The owner has been great with us - sorry you didn't have that experience Chloe. She has been extremely helpful, prompt and informative.
If no one has actually stayed there then perhaps some one could comment on the location .... Or perhaps the road getting to it?
Thanks guys