Cruz Bay Hotel

Travel discussion for St. John
jayseadee

Cruz Bay Hotel

Post by jayseadee »

I know many of you have spent a night or more at the Cruz Bay boutique hotel. Is there a preferred room or floor (penthouse not included). They all look fairly similar on the website.
janet
lprof

Re: Cruz Bay Hotel

Post by lprof »

I think all the rooms are very much alike in furnishings and decor.
We stayed in 5 and then in 6... 7 is the penthouse; all are on the top floor. I am guessing that 1-4 are on what is the second floor of the building.
Room 5 is a little larger than 6, but we preferred 6. I have a review here:
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... 22#p273287
... no longer a stranger to paradise
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Thanks for posting the review link. I knew I read it once, but couldn't find it.

So is the second floor just above the restaurant?
janet
lprof

Post by lprof »

I am not sure if the second floor is only over the restaurant or over something else also.
The breakfast area is on the second floor balcony; we didn't look beyond.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

We stayed at the Boutique for a night Nov 2012 and it was perfect for us. We stayed in room #4. All the rooms are clean, comfortable and safe. Rooms are over the restaurant (Dalivio's) but you don't hear a thing. Staying again April 26th for one night in-between changing villas at the Westin. Can't wait!
Dome526

Post by Dome526 »

We also stayed in Nov. 2012...rooms on second floor above the restaurant were clean, and all were similar. I really think the rooms are excellent, and a terrific value for STJ. The owners were VERY attentive, and it was obvious to me that they have a 5 star mentality. They were expecting us, and heard us rolling our luggage up the street, and insisted on carrying our luggage up the stairs. After a long travel day, that extra touch was really nice to see. The rooms were not noisy at all, and the breakfast in the morning was excellent....sitting out on the porch, with coffee, jouce, fruit, pastires....oh man...I want ot go back there right now! I am looking at my snow covered front yard right now....
Tom in CT
p.s. DO go to Dalivio's Ristorante! I am a pizza lover, and I couldn't believe how good the pizza was there! Seriously....get the pizza! Fresh imported cheese and tomatoes. I got to talking with the chef, and he went back to get fresh garlic to add slices to my cheese pizza...oh man!
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

We stayed there for three nights in Feb. I included a description of our stay in my trip report on this forum a few weeks go but I'll hit the highlights here. The first night there was a note on our pillow explaining a rare music festival at Fred's next door. They gave us earplugs.The music was very loud until 3 a. m., although I slept a lot through it, but everyone didn't. The next two nights were very quiet. The couple who had room 4? had a balcony that overlooked an area behind the hotel where there was a private but large party- they said it was noisy- again only one night-same night as Fred's festival. Otherwise we loved the hotel- the rooms are small but very clean and the owners are extremely nice and helpful. Bottom line- we plan to stay there again when we get back to St John. I think it unlikely you would hear any noise from the restaurant which is on the first floor or Sogo's s right next door.