Grande Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Agent99

Grande Bay

Post by Agent99 »

Hi all,

Reaching out to any Grande Bay owners who may read this forum. We check in to Gallows on 4/13. We had planned to arrive the evening of the 12th and spend the night in STT but American changed our flight to a ridiculously inconvenient overnight scenario. I am so finished using American Airlines but I digress. Long story short and with the help of a AA rep, whose fault the change was not, we will now be arriving on the 11th. I don't want to spend 2 days on STT so am looking for a Grande Bay unit for April 11 and 12 that sleeps 3. I am checking Home Away and other resources but I know that a few posters have units and thought I'd check here too.
Tracy in WI

Re: Grande Bay

Post by Tracy in WI »

I own two units at GB but they are already booked for your dates. You may want to try and contact my property manager, Rachelle. She manages several units and may have something that works for your dates.

You can get in touch with her at info@stjohnvillaco.com.

Have a great trip - I just got back....
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

My experience with Grande Bay is that they require a minimum stay which is more than two nights. You could try St John Inn or cruz Bay Boutique Hotel- they are a lot cheaper than Grande Bay- St John Inn has no minimum- Cruz Bay might. I recently had a hard time findng a place to stay for a few nights that didn't have a minimum # of nights-at least in high season which is usually until April 15th or later.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Patrick that might depend on the management company you were dealing with because there is no minimum nights at Grande Bay. The company I worked for will charge you an additional clean fee for the room for less than 5 nights but will book for one night if they have availability. The individual condo owner's choose their own manager so there are many different management companies at Grande Bay.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thanks Tracy, Patrick and Julie. I will call Rachelle today. Julie, I tried to respond to your PM but it's sitting in my outbox.
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Agent99 - While definitely NOT on par with the accommodations at Grande Bay, in a pinch before we've done Coconut Coast Studios and Cruz Views (managed by Caribbean Villas) for short, last minute stays. Also, if you don't mind being a bit further from town (it's just up from Jacob's Ladder, so still close to town), try Serendip St. John. This, of course, is if you have no luck at Grande Bay, or if it proves to be prohibitively expensive.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Also contact Laurie Crandall. She manages units at Grande Bay as well and was our rep for the unit we rented in Nov. She may know of something...Have a great trip~
http://crandallonstjohn.com/
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

In June 2011, my husband and I stayed at Seashore Allure for two nights. Since they had availability, they let us stay less than the minimum nights stated on their website and also reduced their price so it was comparable to Grande Bay. Seashore Allure is located down the road where the car ferries arrives and is definitely easy to walk to town. It also has parking. The condos are beautiful and very upscale. It is right on the water so the view is beautiful, however, the car ferries do pass by on a regular basis. You never know, they may be willing to negotiate and could be another option.

http://www.seashoreallure.com/
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thank you for those suggestions as well! You folks are so generous with your advice I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how we make out.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh my gosh- I had no idea Seashore Allure was so beautiful.
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

Thanks P 600- I was trying to see prices on the Grade Bay website. Other than VRBO i didn't know there were other options.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

We got caught in a situation like this before when our villa wasn't available and stayed at Battery Hill unit Rainbow End for 2 days. We stayed there this trip for the entire seven day trip. It isn't luxury but , it worked great for us!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting