Villa choices

Travel discussion for St. John
loverotties

Villa choices

Post by loverotties »

Hello,
We have been scouring villas for over a month trying to keep costs down this time around for a 10 day stay in May . FINALLY after changing my vac at work this was NO easy task we thought we had our villa secure . After e-mailing the owner on Fri. making sure it was available, come to find out on Mon. the co. managing the villa booked it this weekend without telling the owner . Not sure who to believe but now all the other villas we were considering are booked for the 10 days I now have off work .
We love the Great Cruz Bay area & never ever considered staying in Coral Bay till we found VRBO #410545 but it is soo far out . We always have had a pool but love the new furnishing of VRBO # 420136 . Any thoughts would be appreciated b4 these places are booked !!
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
stjchica

Re: Villa choices

Post by stjchica »

I was going to say the first one for sure, especially with the pool...UNTIL I saw the map..But I don't really like the 2nd one..Do you just need a 1 BR? Maybe there are some you are missing..?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

We only need a 1 bedroom for the 2 of us . If you have any suggestions please do so .Like I said all our other options we found are now booked . We are so tired of looking it's so exhausting finally finding "THE ONE " villa perfect for us to have it ripped away suxs !!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I hear ya, loverotties! I don't enjoy the searching at all! I think we've finally settled on one, but I don't find this part fun!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We are looking for a small villa in May also. What days are you going?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

My husband and I stayed in a villa located in Privateer Bay last June. We loved it!! We have been to STJ 5 times and have stayed at various locations. I love staying on different parts of the island because it makes for a different trip. The Privateer Bay association has its own beach plus you are allowed access to their beach beyond the blue gate (the end of Route 10). The views and breezes on that side of the island are amazing. And since there is not a lot of development there yet, it is very quiet and private. The drive to Coral Bay or Cruz Bay never bothered us. We just planned our errands (grocery shopping/water) around our beach days. It all depends on what you like to do and where you like to go while you are visiting St. John.

The villa we stayed at is Caribbean Sunrise http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p981326
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

JIM,

We are going May 11 - 20 .

CinnBay - beautiful villa maybe we will rethink that area .

Any other suggestions much appreciated we are just ready to almost book anything at this point . In Sept. we rented a 4 bedroom $$$$$ for just the 2 of us for a special occasion . We were so dissapointed with the villa it was so dirty & most of the furnishing were very old . The pics didn't of course show this so this time around I want at least a clean villa when we arrive .
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Love, Love, Love VRBO #410545, and would have booked it but we called too late, missed it by days.

We are trying out the East End for the first time in April. We ended up booking Villa Gln De Mar. It is new to the rental market. They gave us a huge discount off the posted rate and have been a pleasure to deal with.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p408124vb#map

We won't be having as many cocktails in Cruz Bay as we usually do, but with proper planning, cocktails at the villa will be sweet!
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

If you do't require a"villa" and are looking to go in budget mode. Check Home Away. Rented a one bedroom condo in Pastory Estates for an excellent rate. Corresponded directly with the owner. He also owns Apito. PM me for more info if you would like.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Hi Loverotties, Limin' time is available for your dates in May...I've never stayed there, but it's in Great Cruz Bay harbor and I think it's very reasonably priced. Check it out:

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... ailability

Good Luck!!
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Loverotties,what dates in May will you be on island? I'll be there 4th to the 18th. Possible BB meeting?
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I don't know anything about these, found them while searching something else the other day!

http://www.islandrental.com/
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

Would you take a condo in Cruz Bay? There are several choices-
Grande Bay. Lavender Hill, Battery Hill, Gallows Point and several Star Villa properties- all an easy walk to Cruz Bay. Cruz Views and Estate Lindholm are a very short drive from Cruz Bay.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Call or email Kathy - Daffodil is available May 11-20.

http://www.islandgetawaysinc.com/daffodilvilla.html
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

We are visiting in May, too (May 4-11).

Originally wasn't sure if there we were going alone or friends, so were looking at one bedrooms.

We liked Home Away Rental 187441 (near Cruz Bay)
We also liked Lille Paradis (but also pretty far out there)
Also Home Away Rental 111939
Looked at Home Away Rental 333912vb - kinda cute (didn't love the living space, but loved the views)

At the time we looked, these were all availabe in May.