Travel Insurance

Travel discussion for St. John
Barb Y

Travel Insurance

Post by Barb Y »

Hi! We have a group coming down in April and unfurtunately, a few have parents with some serious health concerns. Does anyone have any experience with any of the trip insurance companies good or bad that you can share to help them make the best choices? Thanks so much for any help or direction you can provide! Have a great day!
chicagoans

Re: Travel Insurance

Post by chicagoans »

Hi Barb,

I had the same question recently and got some good info (here's the thread: http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/virgi ... ce#p269852.)

There's a link for CSA insurance at the top left of this web site.

I ended up going through an agent who got me a very good price and he'll help me if I have to make a claim. He used TravelSafe. (I had read mixed reviews that some people had a hard time getting payments from TravelSafe, but the agent assured me that he has been successful with them and he'll help me if needed.)

HTH

Katie
ostran40

Post by ostran40 »

We are using Travel Guard for our group of 10 next week
It was booked through insuremygroup.com
They will give you rates from all the different companies.
Funny thing, there rate was better than going directly through Travel Guard.
We did get the policy about a week after we booked the trip and it was only about $60 per person.

Good Luck :D

Chris O
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Thanks I will share the info and have them check it out. I appreciate the feedback!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

From what I have heard you really need to know what your insurance covers. Once you know that it should not be a problem. We use CSA it is reasonable and easy... have not had to make a claim yet ... thank the Lord!
Great Expectations

Post by Great Expectations »

We have for years recommended using CSA to all our guests. In our experience they are, by far, the best of all the trip interruption/cancellation companies to deal with when renting a vacation villa requiring pre-payment 30 to 45 days in advance (try explaining that to a agency which thinks you should be paying at the end of your stay like in a hotel which is what most of them are used to!) CSA rates are competitive with the other companies, but even if you find they cost a few more bucks it is well worth the peace of mind. If you do purchase CSA, do it through the link in the upper corner of this Webpage to support Anthony and this great forum!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Hey you, we used CSA also, didn't need it but when we traveled last Oct, we thought it made sense to not chance it. When are you going in April. Cause, as luck would have it, SO ARE WE! :D