Taxi Rates, Airport to Redhook

Travel discussion for St. John
Mango

Taxi Rates, Airport to Redhook

Post by Mango »

Can someone tell me what the current taxi rate is for 2 people from the airport to the Redhook ferry terminal? The info on this site shows $9 p/p and the VINOW site shows $11 p/p. Are either of these correct? Thanks.
Kevino

Re: Taxi Rates, Airport to Redhook

Post by Kevino »

$11.00 each plus $2.00 per pc luggage. Have a great trip!!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Good luck getting that rate even though it is the advertised rate on the board :)

I have only once been charged $11.00 in the 7 years here (and I travel a lot) my "normal" rate is $15.00 per person and 50% of the time I am charged a luggage fee and 50% not. I tried to dispute a luggage charge one time - it was a normal sized bag and when leaving St John was not charged a luggage fee but upon returning home they wanted to charge me (and successfully did so) an oversize bag fee - and when I tried to dispute it I had the taxi driver then say I either pay it or they would refuse me - 5 other taxi drivers then jumped in to support him - not a pleasant experience at 10pm at night and on your own.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Mango

Post by Mango »

Pia, are you traveling alone? If so, the posted rate is $15. For 2+, the posted rate is $11 p/p. Aren't the rates fixed? I didn't think the drivers could charge whatever they want.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I have always traveled as a couple and never paid any less than $15 plus bag fees.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Pia

Post by Pia »

I've travelled solo and with Les - $15.00 I know the rates are fixed but have you ever tried to dispute a charge :shock:

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

In August, we were charged $15 pp for 4 people but no bag fees. We each had 1 bag.