Quick Dry Hiking Shirts

Travel discussion for St. John
ms411

Quick Dry Hiking Shirts

Post by ms411 »

Many of the hikers in Trinidad were wearing cool-looking quick-dry shirts and bottoms. Can you get them in St John? What are they called? They looked like Rash Guards to me, but not sure how quickly Rash Guards dry.

I tried a rash guard shirt on a hike, and the polyester was very uncomfortable to me. Right now I'm preferring thin cotton that dry at a leisurely pace, but they eventually dry.

Would love to hear opinions on adventure clothing options!

Thanks.
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
GotToGetAway

Re: Quick Dry Hiking Shirts

Post by GotToGetAway »

I got a quick dry shirt (though not specifically for hiking) from LL Bean. It also has an SPF in it. I have found it to be great for hot days and would definitely wear it on a hike.
Tickerless :(
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Just about all I bring to STJ is light, quick dry shorts and shirts. There are several companies that sell them. Eddie Bauer, Colombia, etc...

You can also use sports clothes. Most sporting goods stores sell quick dry apparel. Try the running section.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

ms411

Post by ms411 »

Thanks, everyone. Is there a name for the quick dry apparel that I should Google? I was hoping I could find something at Big Planet on St John, but not sure what to ask for.
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We have some patagonia pieces that are great. I dont know the type of fabric but it is light weight and dries very quickly.
Kim

Post by Kim »

I believe the brand name of the sweat wicking, quick dry material is Dri Fit. Nike makes a lot of Dri Fit apparal that I use for running and it's pretty great. It you have a REI or Dicks Sporting Goods around they both carry a good selection of dri fit clothing for hiking, running, etc. Nothing worse than being hot, sweaty, and soaked in a thick cotton shirt!
PL3

Post by PL3 »

These are great, good for sailing too...

http://www.dryfreak.com/DryFreak.catalogue.pdf