I'm Back

Travel discussion for St. John
Bug

I'm Back

Post by Bug »

Hello Gang:

After a rainy, but awesome week in STJ we are home :cry: It was great to see the kids and dogs again but would rather stil be in paradise. I took some notes through out the week and will be posting my trip reports soon. I missed you guys...a week with barely any internet service :shock: All I kept thinking about was what was going on with all my buddies ~ sick huh? Talk to you all soon.

Bug
Betty

Post by Betty »

Welcome Home, I was thinking of you all week hoping you were making the best of the rain! Glad you had a wonderful time and can't wait to read all about it!
mountaineer girl

Post by mountaineer girl »

bugblu -
so sorry we missed you on Monday, but as you know it was raining cats and dogs, so I wondered if you guys just cancelled the whole thing. We had been to STJ that day, but went back over to Secret Harbour to change and go to dinner, then it started pouring - didn't want to go back over on the ferry. We went to Trunk bay that day and it was cloudy and the water a little rough (not really, but any waves is considered rough there, right?)

We had a great time in spite of the rain. Saturday was a little drizzly so we shopped that day. Monday was the only other day that was a little yucky, and it wasn't bad. We went to Jost on Sunday and it was beautiful! Our last day there (Wed) was a perfect 10! even with the rain it was our favorite vacation and we're definitly going back. Loved the Virgin Islands!!!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Welcome back # 6 of six on the beach!
I can't wait to hear your report.
Gizzmo

HAVE MOLD?

Post by Gizzmo »

Geez Bug, Every time I look at the webcam it looks like a MOONSON down there!

Ok... When ya going back? :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bug

Post by Bug »

mountaineer girl - No problem about the Beach Bar meeting. It certainly was raining enough to keep everyone away! Maybe next time :D

sea-nile - My trip reports will be coming soon! See you in 6 months!!

Gizzmo - It really was raining pretty much the whole week. We made the best of it. Heck, we were already wet so what the heck. I'll be back in 6 months with Six on the Beach 07 :lol:

Jorge - I was worried about you while I was gone. We had not heard from you before I left. It was one of the first things I asked RickG about at the Beach Bar. Glad your back and hope your feeling better! I am trying to upload my photos as we speak (or write). Hopefully it will work and you can check them out soon.

Bug
Bug

Post by Bug »

Betty

Post by Betty »

Did not work for me :P
augie

Post by augie »

Try it without the "link at the end" e.g.:

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t268/bugblu98
Come see us!
Tina

Stuck here in Paradise

Post by Tina »

Hi! Glad you had a safe trip home. We took the Charlotte A. ferry and had Bazile pick us up. After 3 hours of a counter at the airport we are back on St. John (the Philadelphia flight was cancelled due to a door falling off the plane while sitting at the gate! :shock: ) We trecked our sorry butts all the way back to STJ and checked in to the same room at Gallows. Useless Air couldn't guarantee us a flight until Tuesday...but we're going first class then.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Hey #6, glad you're back..can't wait to read of your adventures. Just think, you'll be headed back with us wild women in a few months!!
ILoveTheIslands

Post by ILoveTheIslands »

Glad you had a wonderful trip! The photos are great! Look forward to reading the reports. I'll have to settle for living vicariously through the reports until I can get back to STJ sometime next year... :cry:
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

Hey Michele,

It was great seeing you guys, and thanks again for getting our friends over to us on STJ. They're already talking about "next time". 8)
They did show up at the Beach Bar party later, after pretty much all the forum people had gone. Better late than never. :)
I think the rain and overcast saved me from getting sunburned, so I wasn't completely bummed.
It was cool seeing the hillsides get green again, not to mention how happy everybody was that their cisterns were full.
We just took one for the STJ team this trip. I'm sure it'll be perfect for your Six on the Beach tour in a few months.

Tina,
You poor thing. You must be miserable. If you just suffer through this, you'll be out of there in a couple of days. :)
It was great fun meeting you and Tim. Keep working on the cat limit.
Kathy Henion
Bug

Post by Bug »

Ok, let's try this link thing again....http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t268 ... pril%2007/