Who has the best Desserts?

Travel discussion for St. John
momto3boys

Who has the best Desserts?

Post by momto3boys »

Okay, I have my priorities straight and I prefer dessert over any other part of the meal. Where would you recommend for the best desserts on the Island. We staying in Coral Bay.

After looking at some menu's Waterfront Bistro looks good for the painkiller cheesecake. Has anyone had it and was it good?
augie

Post by augie »

If you're staying in Coral Bay, check out dessert at Shipwreck Landing.

You may even want to stay for dinner...

:wink:
Come see us!
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

BBC's and Bushwackers make great desserts!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Shipwreck for desserts....yummy :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Chocolate crack bars from Deli Grotto. Buy extra, put them in your zip locks, freeze them and bring them home for a real treat!
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I agree with Minde on the chocolate coconut crack bars. Hubby surprised me with one on our last visit. He had went for a walk and stopped in Deli Grotto and tried to explain to them this dessert bar that I had told him about. They knew exactly what he was talking about. :D DELISH!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Key lime pie at Shipwreck. A little tart, not too sweet and very lime-y. Love it!
ShipwreckPat

Post by ShipwreckPat »

Two words.......Bushwacker cheesecake!
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

These all sound so good. DH will love the Key Lime one. It will nice since Shipwreck is close to us. Is the Bushwacker the same as the Beach Bar or 2 different places?

We have the Waterfront Bistro reserved for our 25th Anniversary. I know that Asolare and ZoZo's are rated higher for that but their desserts were calling to me. Hoping that they are good too.

The Chocolate Crack bars sounds interesting for me. Maybe we will have time for more than one trip to Cruz Bay.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Definitely anything at Shipwreck Landing. I'm craving the chocolate raspberry frozen pie right now.
patr

Post by patr »

I agree with all of the above. If I don't see something that suits me on the dessert menu, I will have a Bushwhacker, perfect dessert!

The Ocean Grill at Mongoose Junction has FABULOUS desserts! Homemade with a different selection every day.
Also the tiramisu is to die for at Cafe Roma! (if they have it)
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Pat, you can pick up a crack bar in Cruz Bay while you're there, and take it back to your villa. Orrrr...you could pick up a tiramisu at Sam & Jacks and take that back.
So many desserts, so little vacation!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

patr wrote: The Ocean Grill at Mongoose Junction has FABULOUS desserts! Homemade with a different selection every day.
I second this. They made some sort of sundae for our son. I am a real snob when it comes to desserts. I rarely order dessert because I am nearly always disappointed but I was blown away by their homemade ice cream.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Shipwreck's frozen pies, everything at Ocean Grill.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I'm going to add my favorites (instead of just saying Shipwreck)....

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie at Shipwreck :)

Peanut Butter Ganache bars from Baked In The Sun - along with any and every *whole* cake from there - especially the white cake with mango and whipped cream filling with buttercream icing - our Birthday and Anniversary tradition :)

Tiramisu from Sam and Jacks or their Oatmeal Raisin Cookie that are sandwiched together with some sort of cream

Carrot Cake from Deli Grotto (when they have it)

NOW I am hungry - thanks everyone :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties