Long View villa, Hart Bay / Chocolate Hole

Travel discussion for St. John
Charlie2001

Long View villa, Hart Bay / Chocolate Hole

Post by Charlie2001 »

I've tried a search here to no avail. Does anyone have experience with Long View villa between Hart Bay and Chocolate Hole? My bride and I have just discovered that we have a week in June that will work for us to get away, and we're scrambling to find a suitable villa.

We are not very particular about the most updated furnishings, decor, etc. What we most crave is good outdoor spaces, some covered areas along with a nice pool. Privacy is a HUGE bonus, as we enjoy clothing optional time at the pool in the afternoons.

So, if anyone has experience with Long View, I'd love to hear some opinions.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am not sure the pool area is very private. I just went and looked at some pics and it looks like ther is a house fairly close to the pool area. Of course, it could just be a camera angle but I would contact the owner and ask.
Chet

Post by Chet »

We stayed at LV several years ago. Good location with views up and down island. Up the steps is a bedroom and seperate great room with a kitchen. The pool can get toasty in the afternoon. There are houses above but the plantings cover the view. The house over looks the tennis courts. Parrots chatter on the wires above the road. Through the garden, there is a path to Hart Bay. It's an enjoyable hike to a beautiful beach.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

Xislandgirl, thanks for the heads up. I checked on the google map of villas and can see the homes adjacent to Long View, but it can be deceiving. The map of Gifft Hill makes it appear that all the homes can see each other, but that wasn't the case up there at all.

Chet, thanks for the feedback. I talked to the booking agent who has stayed there as well. She said that it could be possible for folks on the tennis court at Great Expectations to see through the pool vegetation, but otherwise the pool area was private. But it's always nice to get first hand opinions from someone who stayed there and doesn't have a vested interest in securing the booking!

I'd love to hear any other opinions. We've got the place reserved and I would appreciate any other opinions before I cut the check for a deposit.