Last minute impulsive trip!

Travel discussion for St. John
jwwj

Last minute impulsive trip!

Post by jwwj »

I'm so excited! My wife and I had decided to skip SJ this year and try some other places. We went to the Keys for a week but spent most of the time talking about how much we missed sJ. Last night we checked to see if any flights were available in March or April using miles but no luck. This morning we checked and found a flight next week for 35,000 miles so we checked VRBO and found a unit in Grande Bay that had a last minute cancellation offered at a great price so we're booked, flight and place to stay!
Doubtful we'll be able to find a car so I guess we'll be making use of the taxis a lot but I'm not complaining.
In less than 24 hours we went from "no ticker" to single digits. Wow.

Just needed to share
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Wow! How exciting!! Congratulations!!
Peace,

Lisa
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

That's awesome!

You should be able to get to most of the places you want to go just fine. VITrans will even take you to Skinny Legs or all the way to Salt Pond for $1.
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

That's awesome! We get to STJ on the 25th, also staying at Grande Bay. Hope to run into you there!
~ Nancy & Denny
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

GraysonDave wrote:VITrans will even take you to Skinny Legs or all the way to Salt Pond for $1.
Just make sure all of your affairs are in order :lol:
Skillians

Post by Skillians »

Home with the damned Norovirus, extremely jealous/happy for you. Have a wonderful trip!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Could you maybe find a car on STT and take the car ferry?
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

So we took care of the next most important things after we got our flight and place to stay, we got sunset reservations at Zozos for 1 night and reservations for jazz night at La Tapa.
I think we might be fine without a car but would miss not going to Salt Pond and Waterlemon and lunch at Shipwreck but I'm so excited about just being there that I think I can be happy walking to Salamon or taking a cab to Hawksnest but will probably look for a car tomorrow for a few days.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Good for you! Congratulations!
tothectothec

Post by tothectothec »

there is a bus that will take you all those places in coral bay, even salt pond. Supposed to run every hour (of course Island time)Much cheaper than a cab.