First Trip to St. John Tomorrow

Travel discussion for St. John
wanderer7453

First Trip to St. John Tomorrow

Post by wanderer7453 »

I am so excited. This will be my first trip to St. John and I can't wait. Any advice on sure things not to miss will be appreciated.
Terry
burgec

Post by burgec »

You won't get to all the "not to miss" things so don't worry about it. Explore the island and have fun. Hit some of North Shore beaches, Coral Bay, maybe snorkel the Haulovers, wander Cruz Bay (High Tide, Beach Bar, Quiet Mon, Mongoose Junction etc.) That's the beauty of returning, can get back to some favorites and see some new ones.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Don't miss the island. It sounds like you are so excited that you could just zip right past the tiny rock. :lol:

There are so many different things to do. It is difficult to say you should be sure to see any one thing without knowing more about you. If you are a diver, catch the trip to the Wreck of the Rhone. If you are a snorkler, be sure to see Hawksnest, Maho and Waterlemon Cay. If you are a foodie, hiker or shopper there will be people who will jump in with thier suggestions. If you like to take in a pub crawl, there's a list for that. The perfect place to see a sunset? I'll bet there are 10 or more places on that list.

There is also the list of places to do nothing. For some of us, that is just as important as doing something.

I can assure you that by Wednesday you will find your own STJ groove. Don't worry about our list. Make your own! And tell us about it in a trip report with photos please. If we can't go with you, we want to at least experience some of it. :wink:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Chet

Post by Chet »

First time? Drive all the roads early in the morning, with the windows down.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

The first thing you should do when you get off the ferry (after having a shot of rum on the dock :D ) is go to St. John Spice at the end of the dock and get a copy of "St. John Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive". It is a great 'guidebook' to St. John. I used it constantly my first few visits.

Have a great time.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

don't stress, and have fun!
Tami
Image[/url]
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I think everyone will agree the time goes so fast..Don't get caught up in running 90 to nothing to experience everything...

Stop. Slow down. Breathe. Look at the color of the water. Feel the sun on your face. Feel the sand between your toes. Taste that fruity drink. Drive with the windows down & the radio up. Let the wind blow your hair all crazy. Let St. John set your soul free....

Wow. Now I am REALLY missing it there... :cry:
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
AH

Post by AH »

All good advice from others. My advice-savor every moment!
AH
vav

Post by vav »

Just Relax, The Island Will Come To You!
Sawed that board three times and it is still too short...
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

We arrive tomorrow too..see you there!
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

ENJOY!!!
BreakawayBarb

First visit advice

Post by BreakawayBarb »

I agree with the others...relax and have fun. The only other advice I'd share is rent a dinghy to explore snorkel spots you'd otherwise not be able to access.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Relax, have fun, (I would go to Maho before it is gone), and on the trip back just start planning your next trip!