Help Please!

Travel discussion for St. John
islandjo2010

Help Please!

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi Forum Friends!

I have the family's summer schedule and can now book my villa! But of course, I am having a hard time finding reviews on my short list of villas. Many of you graciously helped me plan our first visit to STJ the summer of 2010 and I hope you wouldn't mind helping me out a bit again with narrowing my villa search for this summer!

I have Acqua Blu, Island Stones, Tre Vista Estates and Kaleidoscope on my short list and possibly Island Rider and South Shore Villas.

We will be on STJ for 2 weeks! The summer of 2010 we stayed at Luminaria in Upper Carolina and it was nice, but I am looking to stay in a different villa this time. We are a family of 4 but need 3 bedrooms. I want a nice villa with great views and don't mind spending a bit more for this. We need a villa large enough so we can entertain in the evenings. There will be 2 other families on STJ the second week we are there that we will have over.

Thank you for any help you are willing to give on these villas and if you have any other villa suggestions I welcome those!

All the best,
Jo
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Lucky You!!!! I can see you were up late searching for your villa. Good luck and wish we were going too, but another time we will cross paths. I will take a look at the villas later when I have more time - I am sure you will find one soon.
rImage
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

They all look gorgeous and I have never stayed in any of them (I wish!!). But I REALLY like the looks of the outdoor covered area at Tre Vista Estates for entertaining your friends.

If I win the lottery I will rent this villa! :) http://www.junglestone.com/

Have a super trip!
Sara
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Wow - How can you go wrong. They are all beautiful. I love Island Stones and the view and location but Kaleidoscope is gorgeous too! They are all super. I guess this is going to be a very difficult decision. Good luck! When are you going?
rImage
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

WOW!!!!! If you need any more company I can make myself available!!! Have been drawn to Island Stones but the others look as lovely. The only negative is that Acqua Blue looks like it has no covered common outdoor space and that's a must for me:) Also, it might help narrow down the search if you decide if being close to Cruz bay is important to you or not. Good luck and let us know 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
Pia

Post by Pia »

I have heard nothing but great things about Kaleidoscope :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Jo&Wally

Kaleidoscope

Post by Jo&Wally »

Villa Kaleidoscope is a beautiful Villa in a Beautiful spot. We have been lucky enough to have stayed there several times now and we consider it to be the best Villa we have ever stayed in on the Island. Great for entertaining and exceptionally well taken car of by its owners who are a delight to deal with. If you have any questions feel free to email me anytime. Joanne
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I agree - Kaleidoscope. Just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
islandjo2010

Help Please!

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi everyone and thanks for your thoughts!
Oh I know Kaleidoscope is my favorite too! But my hubby thinks I am out of my mind for even considering it when it is almost 2x's the cost of Acqua Blu. :roll:

I have tried calling the 2 numbers on Acqua Blu's site but haven't heard back from them yet. I have tried looking at the floor plan in relationship to the sun to see if the area would have any shade late afternoon...I can't tell. If anyone knows that area of Boatmans Point, (maybe Pia?) could you tell me what you think? It does look like there is a covered seating area but not sure how big that is and there are umbrellas. When we visited STJ the summer of 2010, we spent all day at the beach and came back to the villa late afternoon.
lisa mcg ~ I do agree shaded area is nice to have after a long day and sunburn! :wink:
Here is Acqua Blu's site and floorplan:
http://www.vrbo.com/266776#ownerprofile
http://www.acquabluvi.com/AcquaBlu.pdf

I am going to continue to drive myself crazy looking over these villas and keep checking to see if I have missed one! Oh, we may have one couple from our team stay with us instead of booking a separate villa, so trying to keep that in mind. I want to book by Monday!

Thanks again and have an awesome weekend everyone!
Jo
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi Everyone!

Update...we ended up and booked Acqua Blu for 2 weeks this summer! Huge villa to entertain our group in the evenings the second week, available when we wanted it and about half the cost of the other villas on my short list...all played a BIG part in our decision and talking to the villa owner who lives on STJ who answered all my questions. We are looking forward to the visit and will be able to give our review of it afterwards!

Thanks again for all the help and I am sure to have more questions later!

Jo