Last minute Villa Deals?

Travel discussion for St. John
Dome526

Last minute Villa Deals?

Post by Dome526 »

We are going in Nov. 2112, and have reservations for 7 days at Cinnamon Bay Campground. I have been reading alot, and learning from everyone. For our 2nd week, we are interested in staying in a villa with a hot tub, etc. It seems that many villas offer a discount when it is about a month or 2 before, and there are open times. Has anyone ever waited until last minute to book a villa to save money? Places that we are considering are: Papermoon, Calabreeze, Kiddle bay Perch, Sailview, Sago Cottage, Windwardside Cottage, House of Open Arms, Astral Cottage, Estate Zootenvaal, Sol Cottage. These places are mostly in the Coral Bay area. A discount would be VERY helpful, with 3 kids in college now. It is worth the chance?
Tom in CT
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

It depends on what happens with the economy and each individual villa. Hard to say this far out. What you might want to consider is being flexible and waiting until sometime next summer to see who's offering discounts. The advantage to going in November is that it's still off season - as long as you're not talking about the week of Thanksgiving. Alot of the rental agencies will start posting their off season discounts during the summer. Another suggest would be to look at someplace like Serendip condos. They are not super deluxe, but very comfortable and reasonably priced, close to town with a great view and there's a small pool available. My daughter and son-in-law loved it there.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

Most of the time we do not reserve more than a month or two ahead of schedule. Not out of any plan but because we have a difficulty making a decision that far in advance. Have never had a problem getting a place to stay but maybe I have just been lucky. By the way, if you are really looking at Nov 2112, I would wait to see if the Mayans were correct before I made any reservations 100 years in advance :) .
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

If you are not terribly picky and have your heart set on one specific place (and you're a bit of a gambler at heart), I would wait it out.

I've found, when looking for these things, you will always find something available and indeed on sale. It may not be in the exact location you want or have all the amenities you are looking for, but a villa with a hottub for a discount in November is not something you will have trouble finding, IMO. There's always something out there.