Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

211 Days...and man, I have NEVER needed a vacation more! We have a trip (not to STJ :( ) planned for Memorial Day, but we all know that only STJ will really do it for me!

Is it wrong that I am counting down from the triple digits!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Oh honey, I feel for you! Hang in there!

We are in baby/pregnancy libo right now, which has put our fall and next spring trip planning on hold, which in a way bums me out.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

In a way, don't you enjoy the anticipation of the trip almost as much as the trip itself (or is it just me.....?). This way, you get to look forward to it that much longer! :D
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I agree with you Vicki. Travel is our hobby and I enjoy the planning very much.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Hey Flip, 219 days here! We will just miss you!
We have a few trips to Maine between now and then but it's just not the same anticipataion!

Flip, you were in my dream last night! LOL I don't really recall too much about it but we were BBQ'ing and I was saying to you that we were making Ron's shoulder pork butt (yes, I know that makes no sense!). But here's the funny part ... the person that was you didn't have a normal head - they had an avatar of Pink FLIP FLOPS!!!!!!!! LOL :lol:
Last edited by mbw1024 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

LOL Marybeth!
I agree with you all too, that the planning is a huge part of the fun! I love the anticipation!!!
Image[/url]
lovestj

193 and counting

Post by lovestj »

I don't think that I have ever had to wait this long. I have never booked this far in advance. I have become addicted to this forum and it is a nice way to pass the time. The rest of the time I spend shopping for things that I will need for the trip. Thanks for all of the great tips, trip reports and pictures.

Any other ideas on how to count down the days till you leave?
njhdrider

Getting Closer

Post by njhdrider »

Getting closer to the trip in July here, just mailed in the remainder for our villa rental( a month early), bought a new camera two months ago for the trip. July 16 cannot get here soon enough for me.
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

My countdown is at 50 today!! Do any of you set up a 'staging area' before your trip to stage items that will be packed for the trip? My husband said to me last night that it's time to set up the collection area in the spare bedroom. I guess he's getting anxious too :D
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

HA - we stage in the spare room as well. Never know when my Father in law will be over though so some times I end up staging too early and have to move it. Hate when that happens :)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Yeah, we use the guest room as the dedicated packing room also.

We also have a calendar posted with tasks that need to be completed. With pets, a business, a toddler, etc., it is no small feat to get us out the door for vacation.

Although my comments may indicate otherwise, I am not anal, just a planner. Because I wasn't prepared, we were not packed for our (STJ) honeymoon and ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport on our wedding night, never again!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

FF,
That time will go by so fast, especially when you have little ones to take care of. :)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Flip-flop! 17 days for us!! And I started counting at over 300!! Nope, you're not starting too soon, but beware, you may be as nutso as me by the time your day arrives! I don't think I'll ever start planning that early again! I'm sure I won't be able to not think about planning, but next time I'll have my "training wheels" off and won't need to do as much research so far in advance.

I also have a staging area. Most of my clothes are already in the suitcase with other items piling up on top of and around it. I keep saying to myself, not so many shoes! Not so many shorts! Not so many tops! But then I go and throw another item on top of the pile! :lol:
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I have a suitcase under my bed, partially packed. I think it may be 1" to deep to carryon though, so I may be transeferring it all to a slightly smaller bag. We leave in 4 weeks from tomorrow! Yipee!!
Image[/url]
patr

Post by patr »

Hey Mary Beth, I love seeing your countdown, since it is so close to ours. I will very glad once it goes below the 200 mark!

On our last day on the island last week, we drove to South Shore Villa. It was quite a drive out past Fish Bay and then up, up, up and up some more. It looks like a very nice place and the views and breezes are going to be amazing.

I am planning on posting some final reflections about the Coral Bay experience. (once I get caught up, gotta get back to work :wink: )
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~