Whitey Bulger Arrested

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Lex

Whitey Bulger Arrested

Post by Lex »

I don't know if you have to be from Boston for this to mean anything at all, but it's really significant news here. And it's refueling all sorts of speculation about the story behind the story. I am curious, though, if Whitey's arrest means anything to people in Oregon or Alabama or Nebraska.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I had never heard of him, but Rick said he has. I guess the movie "The Departed" (which I haven't seen) was about him. It's always good to catch a mobster!
toni

Post by toni »

I remember his name popping up over the years-the whole FBI informant thing was a crazy story.

And then just yesterday I kept hearing on CNN that the Feds were showing all these PSAs on Oprah and The View etc to try and catch the girlfriend and as a result catch him.

It obviously worked-bet they'll try that a lot more now.

Will be interesting reading all the details....
Coden

Post by Coden »

I know who he is, I am surprise he was finally caught.
Coden
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

All the Boston teams needed to win championships before the curse was lifted and he was caught. :wink:
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I'm glad they caught the SOB. He did some pretty awful things and hurt so many families. It amazes me the idiots they interview on tv here in Boston that are sorry they found him :shock: He killed over 19 people one particular woman was strangled then he cut off her fingers and ripped all her teeth out so they couldn't identify her.
I hope that he rots for the rest of his life in prison but for some reason I think he will be put up on a pedestal and treated like the notorius gangsta he is.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

many theories abound re: why wasn't he caught sooner. he was not as "underground" as thought. he owned that CA appartment for the last 15 years! and with all the cash & guns they found in there, we was definitely still a busy boy.

there's a lot of talk about how the FBI has dragged their feet on purpose because of what whitey could say about them (he was an informant as well as a drug dealing, strong arming, homocidal mobster). that the only reason why he was caught now vs years ago is that enought time has gone by so whatever he says won't be as damaging to the FBI.

and that he knew he was being arrested. it was planned.

everything surrounding the whitey bulger case is so sketvhy that I don't think we'll ever know the whole truth.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

LysaC wrote:many theories abound re: why wasn't he caught sooner. he was not as "underground" as thought. he owned that CA appartment for the last 15 years! and with all the cash & guns they found in there, we was definitely still a busy boy.

there's a lot of talk about how the FBI has dragged their feet on purpose because of what whitey could say about them (he was an informant as well as a drug dealing, strong arming, homocidal mobster). that the only reason why he was caught now vs years ago is that enought time has gone by so whatever he says won't be as damaging to the FBI.

and that he knew he was being arrested. it was planned.

everything surrounding the whitey bulger case is so sketvhy that I don't think we'll ever know the whole truth.
Folks, it's so easy to disappear in the US if you plan properly. There are no requirements for national ID cards, it's easy to get a gun......I can't understand why anyone is surprised he could hide? I really doubt there was an FBI conspiracy here, the Feds are too stupid to keep these types of secrets. Whitey was a scumbag for sure, but a smart one. He planned ahead. He had fake ID's and money, guns. All he has to do is get an apartment under new name, pay cash for everything, use a PO box if smart, and hang low. His weakness for his woman brought him down, even Whitey couldn't resist the female species!!! :)
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Joppa wrote:All the Boston teams needed to win championships before the curse was lifted and he was caught. :wink:
After finally seeing the long suffering Bruins win, I think this theory is by far the most logical!!!! :D