Bert's Trip Reprt - Day 4 5/24 - 6/3

Travel discussion for St. John
CariBert

Bert's Trip Reprt - Day 4 5/24 - 6/3

Post by CariBert »

Friday is our day with Captain John. This is always our favorite day! If you really want to enjoy a day on the water, being taken anywhere you want to go, and have a blast doing it, I highly recommend Palm Tree Charters with Capt. John Brandi!

Had breakfast at Deli Gotto before meeting John at 8:30 at the dock. The off to Water Lemon Cay Trail for some premier snokeling. This is a place Capt John took us to last year, and we just had to return. Saw a turtle first off followed by lots of large fishes. Great snokeling.

Just a quick note here, all the underwater pictures were taken with our Canon D-10. All pictures were uploaded to Picasa without any retouching. The "corrected" photos are much better. We bought the D-10 last year for our trip, and it really has performed well. I hate to hear about all of the leaking problems from others who have used that camera.
The off to check in to customs at Sopers Hole and did a little shopping. Found some GREAT cover-ups wait til you see the video.

We had a lot of fun with those. We were at Pusser's Bar at Soper's Hole, and everyone at the bar was taking our pictures. I can just imagine the coffee tables we must be gracing at this moment!

On to the Indians which was very busy but thanks to Bert's parking Karna a mooring became available right up front. Saw a large flouder and a variety of fishes. There were scuba divers enjoying themselves.

A lot of the native One Horn Butt Fish were there as well as the divers.

Went to Norman Island for lunch at Pirate Bight -great food and Bert's signature dance - can't wait for the video of that one.

Then on to Soggy Dollar at White Bay, Jost for some Painkillers and serious noodling time.

Ahhh, but soon time to leave and head back home. Hated to leave this day behind!

Got back to customs about4:30 and cleared without problem. Stopped at Uncle Joe's to pick up dinner of ribs,rice, Macroni salad and Cole slaw.

Enjoyed some drinks and then off to bed. With dreams of a fine, fun day of adventure on the water with Capt. John!

Tomorrow, another day in Paradise!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

You crack me up! I love those cover-ups.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

LOVE it! LOL!
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Ah, Bert. You are killing me. Our boat trip with Palm Tree Charters was cancelled. It was supposed to be one of the highlights of our trip this year.

And why we didn't come across each other on St. John!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Pickle wrote:Ah, Bert. You are killing me. Our boat trip with Palm Tree Charters was cancelled. It was supposed to be one of the highlights of our trip this year.

And why we didn't come across each other on St. John!
I don't know Pickle! I really wish we had come across one another, I would follow you snorkeling anytime!
We also missed Kristen by mere inches a couple of times! I guess I was not living right... :cry:

Oh well, maybe next time!

-Bert

Mar

Post by Mar »

"Just a quick note here, all the underwater pictures were taken with our Canon D-10. All pictures were uploaded to Picasa without any retouching. The "corrected" photos are much better. We bought the D-10 last year for our trip, and it really has performed well. I hate to hear about all of the leaking problems from others who have used that camera."

Hi Bert
Glad to hear how happy you are with your D10. It's on its way to us as we speak....ordered it for my husband for a father's day surprise for our upcoming trip.

LOVE your trip reports!!!! They're helping to build anticipation of our return!!

Thank you for sharing!! :D
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

OH MY! You have to wear those shirts at our next Dallas gathering! :shock:

Your making me really, really excited about our upcoming Palm Tree Charter trip! So glad you all had so much fun. Did you say videos are coming?? :D
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

msgcolleen wrote:OH MY! You have to wear those shirts at our next Dallas gathering! :shock:

Your making me really, really excited about our upcoming Palm Tree Charter trip! So glad you all had so much fun. Did you say videos are coming?? :D
Coleen, I knew you were going to request the shirt at the next get together :oops: it will involve a grass skirt for sure :lol:

You will love your day on the water with Capt. John! And yes, there will be a video.....so be careful "how" you jump off the Willy T.....Bwahahahahaha!!

-Bert

CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Mar wrote:"Just a quick note here, all the underwater pictures were taken with our Canon D-10. All pictures were uploaded to Picasa without any retouching. The "corrected" photos are much better. We bought the D-10 last year for our trip, and it really has performed well. I hate to hear about all of the leaking problems from others who have used that camera."

Hi Bert
Glad to hear how happy you are with your D10. It's on its way to us as we speak....ordered it for my husband for a father's day surprise for our upcoming trip.

LOVE your trip reports!!!! They're helping to build anticipation of our return!!

Thank you for sharing!! :D
Thanks Mar. He will love the D-10. Have you seen Pickles photos? They were taken with the D-10 also, and they are gorgeous!

-Bert

lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Those cover ups are hysterical...glad you had a great day 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
suzanna945

Post by suzanna945 »

Great pics! :lol:
pandagirl

Post by pandagirl »

Love your trip reports !! :D You guys always look like you are really having a blast !!!! Our day on the water with Capt. John is always our favorite too!
Thanks for sharing :lol:
Mar

Post by Mar »

Thanks Mar. He will love the D-10. Have you seen Pickles photos? They were taken with the D-10 also, and they are gorgeous!
I did see Pickles pics and I agree they're awesome! Excited to try out the new camera! Thanks Bert!!