Was gonna' shoot for STJ this fall,-...Key West?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mahojim

Was gonna' shoot for STJ this fall,-...Key West?

Post by mahojim »

Anyone with info regarding a villa rental in the keys;one bedroom,full kitchen,for me & mine, beachside(?), quiet(?),etc...
I'm well aware that it's not like STJ, but might be a groovy change.
End of October/ early November...
ISO- condo for two! Mellow, near the "hot spots", and beaches to enjoy, as well as snorkel. We've never been there, and I'd like to give My Sweet Amy the new surprise of a different destination...
Going in blind!
All help greatly appreciated!
Thanks, and always-
Smiles-
MJ
LauraD

Post by LauraD »

Which key do you want to visit? We used to go to Marathon all the time as my parents had a vaca place there and would drive to Key West. Last time we went to KW(5-6 years ago) it just didn't feel the same(has gotton touristy). Something to consider, it really isn't that less expensive then some of the islands, especially the smaller Bahama out islands and I think you will find the snorkeling better and more charming. Happy planning, Laura
You must be the change you want to see in the world
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

MJ - i'm gonna PM you- we use to go to the Keys quite a bit and have a little bit of knowledge.
hugs ERL
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Do you want to be in key west? I have a friend who has a place near islamorada which is about 50 miles from key west. it is quiet but if you want key west let me know. I will another friend where they go. They head down 3 times a yr.
I am right in ft. lauderdale so if you arrive and are driving down let me know, would love to see you and Amy again.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks y'all!!!
I'll keep in touch about it.
Plenty of time to plan...
Love to see you again, Rosi!!!
Smiles-
MJ
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

mahojim, Key West is one of our favorite places in the world...we get there 3 times a year or so. There are many wonderful, quiet, 'non-touristy' places to see and stay! Feel free to pm me for ideas...I will see if I can send some ideas for you. One thing to consider is that KW is not a beach destination...they do have beaches but they are pretty much man made and in no way comparable to to STJ. That being said, it has so many other great things to see and experience, history, culture, fun...and a great laid back atmosphere. There are so many beautiful little cottages and suites to rent, with lush gardens and quiet little streets. We have never rented a car in KW, just ride biske. Very relaxing and great exercise!
Good luck in your planning!
~Tracie
[/url]
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks for the help...
It's still so far away & up in the air...
I've got no problem disregarding any comparisons to STJ, was just wondering about something new, ya' know?
Maybe a long weekend, or something...
Smiles-
Jimmy
Connie

Post by Connie »

Jim, the Keys don't have beaches like you're use to, even the Jersey Shore.

Key West is fun though. You can bike or walk almost anywhere.

My favorite memories are of staying in Islamorada or Marathon. Best to fly into Fort Lauderdale and stop somewhere along the way for a couple nights and then fly out of Key West.

You really need the drive to appreciate how cool the Keys are.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"