Post by SOonthebeach »

NICE stitch- beautiful!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Awesome pic!
janet
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

great pic, I took almost the identical panoramic picture earlier this week with my underwater camera, but I think your's worked better. How did you do it, automatically with your camera or through photoshop?
2muchsnow

Post by 2muchsnow »

Thanks guys, it was stitched in photoshop, the far right section needs some work. Actually the middle section is perfect in itself. Especially as I look out at the 4 inches of snow we picked up overnight. SHEESH. Guess I Better go skiing, its the last weekend. Then maybe the weather gods will decide it's spring.

STJ06_51 by ross_mike40, on Flickr
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Beautiful! Nice stitch job, too!!!
jmq

Post by jmq »

real nice panoramic. All the more impressive cuz you have areas of shadow and light. Canon software will do that for you too - comes packaged with the cameras that have that shooting option. Always have to compose and shoot more than one cuz those exposures can be tricky.

I just got a new camera that will do this in camera - you just sweep across the scene holding the shutter. We'll see how that compares.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

jmq wrote:real nice panoramic. All the more impressive cuz you have areas of shadow and light. Canon software will do that for you too - comes packaged with the cameras that have that shooting option. Always have to compose and shoot more than one cuz those exposures can be tricky.

I just got a new camera that will do this in camera - you just sweep across the scene holding the shutter. We'll see how that compares.
My olympus stylus tough does it also "in camera", but it doesn't always work perfectly. I noticed this week that it doesn't work well when ur close to the beach. For instance salt pond freaked it out his week. But it works well on long distance shots like overlooking Francis. Ultimately I think it's probably better to use photoshop.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Wow!! Snow!?!

Does SLC stand for Salt Lake City?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Beautiful Picture !!!